One more Longbow question

Zvi

Newly Enlightened
Hi All,

Looks like Bulldog is gonna have those for sale soon. I wanted Micra. For some reasons specs aren't showing up. Micra with twistie and clicky tailcaps are the same length or no?

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
Gator, I just noticed that too. Great that we have a Longbow delear in the states now!

As for the Micra tailcaps, the clickie is longer than the twistie. The clickie uses a kroll switch, is un-knurled, and can stand on it's end. The twistie is knurled. I can take pics for you when I get home for work if you'd like. Just say the word.

Zvi

Newly Enlightened
Oh cool, I'd really apreciate pix /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Thanks a lot! Youre the man /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

shabbasuraj

Newly Enlightened
ye pics would be great...

could I trouble you for some measurements also? In millimeters if possible..

thanks a bunch.

BugOutGear_USA

Enlightened
Micra measurements:

81mm w/twist
93mm w/push (fully tightened)

Hope that helps...

hint...Bulldog not the only US dealer (who said that?) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Zvi

Newly Enlightened
Does help /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif 12 mm does make a difference though.
BTW, that booster kit, what diffrence does it make if you have seen one in action? Longer throw? More sidespill, or?

W4DIZ

Enlightened
Thanks for the heads up Bugoutgear /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif

SHINER

Newly Enlightened
for the ones that have the lights.Whats your opnion of them?
Thinking bout buying a couple,but need some feedback first.
Shiner.

Mister T

Newly Enlightened
I only have one olive drab Micra with twistie, but can say for sure, that you get what you paid for IMO. The workmanship is Surefire-like and (at least mine) has much less color variation in the anodizing. A little bit more knurling/grip would have been nice and the optic had a fingerprint on it. The beam is quite similar to a HD with NX05, while the led tint is way better than a KL1/KL3/L1. Mine is a bit on the blue side. YMMV of course.
Click here for a picture

shabbasuraj

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
BugOutGear_USA said:
Micra measurements:

81mm w/twist
93mm w/push (fully tightened)

Hope that helps...

hint...Bulldog not the only US dealer (who said that?) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

pricing please.....

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
Zvi, sorry it took so long but here's a pic. As for the beam booster, last I heard they still weren't released yet. My guess is that it will be a reflector to replace the optic for longer throw. Can't wait to try it along with the 5W upgrade for the Micra.

shabbasuraj, the Micra twistie tailcap cap alone measures 31.10mm and the pushbutton alone measures 40.55mm.

micra_exploded.jpg

Did I mention I love this light? The quality is outstanding!

nightshade

Enlightened
The Longbows seem to have a nice,modular,flexible system going.I really like the retail price too.Does anyone know how the Micra model compares to the Arc Lsh-p in regards to output and throw?

analogguy

Enlightened
Compared to an ARC LSH-S, my Micra has a tighter, brighter hotspot, with slightly more throw. Very little sidespill. Beam color is slightly to the green side of white. Micra has a very square beam shape. No "grille marks" however.

nightshade

Enlightened
Thanks, Analog&Beretta, Q3 whiteness as well as decent throw and regulation,I've gotta try one. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif

Aten_Imago

Banned
Can any of the Longbow owners make comparisons to existing lights out there. Is the Micra really a comparable to a Surfire E1E with an LED head or closer to an ARC LSH-P?

sidespill

Enlightened
longbow's website states that they are designed to take 3rd party accesories. longbow owners please chime in are these compatible with sf e series/mclux?