Looking for flashlight holster - open top yet low slung...

WebHobbit

Enlightened
So you would think this would be easy but I have been looking online for a few days and I got nothing. What I want is a non-bulky belt holster to carry a Fenix PD36R. The P36R is about 1.1 diameter all the way down. Here is my want list:

The closest I can recall seeing the type I want is the old mini maglite nylon holsters...in that I don't want the light sticking up above my belt line. Instead I want the belt loop to be above the pouch portion of the holster. Sort of like Han Solo's drop holster (but not THAT low slung).

Open Top (no flap)
closed bottom (or perhaps a small hole is fine)

I will carry bezel-down and need at least a couple inches sticking out the top for quick removal

It's silly that I may have to get this custom made? Surely not?

Last edited:

nbp

Flashaholic
If you do decide to get one made to your specs, our member Hogokansatsukan owns Thor's Hammer Custom Leather and can make you pretty much anything you can dream up and the prices are fair for the workmanship.

tech25

Flashlight Enthusiast
Would the Blackhawk night ops holster or similar work?

I have seen similar to what you are looking for in the knife world. I will try to get the names of the manufactures.

tech25

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm on my phone. If you look up holster drop loop, you might be able to put together a holster that you like.

You can also search for "leather flashlight holster" on Etsy...there are dozens of cottage manufacturers of leather goods, showing dozens of holster types. That noted, you are guaranteed to get exactly what you want if you have Thor's Hammer make a holster to your specifications, including a selection of premium leathers. (I've seen examples of his work. You won't be disappointed.)