Another mod: walther sawed-off / new pics

chrisse242

Enlightened
Some of you perhaps know my first mod of the Walther tactical light. I had a second body left over when I was finished and thought what to do with it. I had always wanted a single 123 light like the arc-ls but could never convince myself to buy one. Now I decided to build my own poor mans LS.
And here you go: (compared to stock size)
sawed.jpg

I sawed of the front part of the body and increased the inner diameter of the light. I made a kind of sandwich out of a micropuck, two aluminium disks and a one watt high dome emitter of unknown bin. The light is completed with a heavily modified stock reflector and a self made polycarbonate lens which is just pressed into the light.
The body had lots of scratches all over after I finshed working on it, so I decided to sand away all of the anodizing.
I like the nice cold flood of light the reflector puts out in combination with the HD. I also like the looks of the polished aluminium.
Two more pictures:
look into the reflector
sawed2.jpg

And a beamshot:
sawedbeam.jpg

I definitly wouldn't recomend to buy this light just to do the mod but if you happen to have one of those bodys lying around this is really nice.

Chrisse

wasabe64

Flashaholic*
Re: Another mod: walther sawed-off

Wow Chrisse! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

I see that you have been putting your TV0J's to good use. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

chrisse242

Enlightened

Wasabe will you read carefully? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/whoopin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/whoopin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/whoopin.gif

A one Watt highdome of unknwon bin!!!!

Thanks anyway. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Chrisse

jtice

Flashaholic

Very creative,, I likes it ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast

Nice! Is that a Kroll sticking out the rear?

Wilkey

chrisse242

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
Ginseng said:
Nice! Is that a Kroll sticking out the rear?

Wilkey

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes it is, the good old wrapped-in-aluminium-foil-kroll famous from the Surefire G2.

Thanks everybody.

Chrisse

ho71ko

Newly Enlightened

<German> Respekt!! </German> /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif
Holger

Rothrandir

Flashaholic

wow, great work! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

chrisse242

Enlightened

Thanks to all, but especially to roth, I've admired your work for a long time now. It means a lot to me when someone like you likes my work.

Chrisse

Klaus

Flashlight Enthusiast

Very nice /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Klaus

chrisse242

Enlightened

Thanks Klaus /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

As for any gadget I carry on a regular base, I made a little Kydex "Dress" for the "Sawed-off".

sawedkydex1.jpg

The end of the Beltloop also protects the lens from scratches and the light from just going through the holster and falling down.

sawedkydex2.jpg

The little gap where the screws go through doesn't look very nice but it adds the possibility to adjust the needed force to pull the light out of the holster by simply tightening or loosening the screws.

sawedkydex3.jpg

All in all it took me about an hour to make a cardboard template and the Holster itself.

Chrisse