Suggested use for a light I was given

mickb

Enlightened
Someone who knew I had a few lights figured a Led Lenser rechargeable P5R core would be a good present. https://ledlenser.com.au/products/p5r-core
I havent used a focussing aspheric or a led lenser for many years, and have never used 14500 batteries. The thing is I am not a light collector, just have 3-4 for work and recreational purposes(Nitecore EC4GT, fenix E01, C8 gunlight, HL23) but I'd like to come up with a good use for it since it was a gift. Was hoping some of you guys with a light for every situation might have some ideas? One was maybe put in my car, leave it plugged into the USB port and use it for breakdowns? Normally have a keychain light for that, but another with some more horsepower wouldnt hurt? Thanks for any suggestions. :)

Last edited:

Blades

Flashlight Enthusiast
That is a nice light. I just watched a video about the Smart Light Technology. The battery may hold a charge for awhile so you may not have to leave it plugged in all the time.

mickb

Enlightened
Whys that bykfixer? i dont know much about this type of light. Last time I owned a led lenser was 2015 I think, alkaline batteries killed it at the time

bykfixer

Flashaholic
A zoomy style light can be adjusted so that the beam is as if it has a snoot around it. A pure spotlight seems to cut through smoke or fog better because the fog or smoke near your eyeballs is not lit by the spill portion of the beam. That and the blue of the beam also seems to contrast the colors of smoke or fog so distant objects appear a different color than unlit areas around the beam.

I use a Coast HP7 with it's blue-ish tint beam to ID objects in the distance on very humid summer nights at my job such as alerting a dump truck driver of an upcoming overhead wire. When placing asphalt at night truck drivers and workers do not easily see overhead wires that can be ripped down when passing by them while dumping the load from a raised truck bed.

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
My wife has a suggestion for my lights, usually where to stick it. Other than that, just use it. I found that the lights given to me included coast flashlights. I use them as vampires now after testing them to find they run on very little voltage