Lights You Gave Away in 2020

adamlau

Flashlight Enthusiast
A retrospective look back to 2020 as I no longer sell torches which I no longer use, preferring to give them away to family and friends. I gave away three last year:

1. ZebraLight SC700d + 2x21700 (40T) - Dad
2. Surefire M4-CB (bored for 18650) + FM24 + MD60 tower led (second run) - Brother-in-law
3. Inova Inforce White + Inforce Weapon Mount INF-WM - Cousin-in-law

What did you folks give away last year or intend to gift away from your current collection this year?

Katherine Alicia

Enlightened
I gave away a few skywolfeye lights, half a dozen AA and AAA penlights a couple of zoomies and a few COB lights, they were all very early purchases I made before I knew what I was doing, it made a few local kids quite happy though :D

caelyx

Newly Enlightened
I guess I'm doing something similar. Selling lights is made complex by the cost of posting anything from here.

Last year, I gave away a Nitecore SRT7 and a Maglite ML50L 2C.

novice

Flashlight Enthusiast
Gave one of my sisters another Icon Modus 2 (opened the package to replace the alkaleaks with Energizer AA cells). Gave my brother-in-law a Surefire G2Z lego. Gave a very good friend a couple of lights including a SF host with an older Dereelight multimode drop-in, and a 6PD + A19 + Malkoff M60. The M60 was a duplicate, but it was the first time I've given a Malkoff away.

AstroTurf

Flashlight Enthusiast
i gave away an ElZetta Alpha 315lm model 113, a new unit i found on the bay...

bought 2 at the time.

better tint than the 415lm model, i returned.

Jim

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought three FW21Pro Vn in May, 2020 with intent to make gifts of two of them to friends and keep one. Both of my friends received plenty of knowledge of how to stay safe with pocket rockets. I bought three EC03 stock versions and two NSX53 Vn with intent to make gifts of the extra ones. Same with two FT02S, one stock and one Vn modded with 90.2 emitters. I just have to find additional friends/acquaintances/family that are as excited about flashlights as I am. So far, only two very nice friends.

When I showed my TM9K to two people, they liked it so much that they went ahead and bought for themselves right away.

Lumen83

Enlightened
I'm a srooge when it comes to lights! I've only ever given away one. It was a surefire G2. I would never give another away. Unless it was some free keychain light or something. Atually, I gave away a free olight keychain light this year. So, that counts. It came with another light I bought.

Jean-Luc Descarte

Enlightened
Only one, my old Thrunite TN12 2014 cool white. Gave it to my older brother who works with geoprocessing in farms and fields and such, and who sure could use a good, relatively simple 18650 torch in case he's caught out after sunset far from civilisation. (Also gave him a Lii-100 single bay charger to keep it juiced up.)

ben_r_

Newly Enlightened
Huh. People give away lights?! I need friends like those! I mean, I've given lights as gifts a couple times, does that count?!