Photon Led swap?

Robocop

Moderator, *Mammoth Killer*
I have a Photon with the green LED and I am growing tired of the ringy beam.I have a lot of spare 5mm LEDs from several Dorcy AAA boards and the color of these spares is very good for white 5MM LEDs.
Is it possible to swap the green for one of the spare white Dorcy LEDs?
I know I would have to solder some longer leads on the Dorcy LEDs but do you think they would work well with the 2 button cells in the Photon?
I can not figure out how to search for multiple words here as the search feature is not showing up anything on this.
Thanks for any help.

kenny

Newly Enlightened
The whites and greens should run at the same voltage -- about 3.6 volts. Thats why there are (2) cells at 3 volts each (they are being over driven a bit. The yellow, red, orange run at a lower voltage somewhere near 2-2.2 volts (or so), so (1) 3 volt cell will run those and you would need to make the battery swap to accomodate whichever one you are swapping out.

Robocop

Moderator, *Mammoth Killer*
Kenny thanks for the help.I knew some colored LEDs used lower voltage however did not know the ones that did.
Is white and green the only ones that are around 3.6 volts?..I also have a few blue ones rated at pretty high mcd ratings and may consider swapping one of these also.