HUMMER shakelight mods?

StoneDog

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm considering gutting my "HUMMER" shakelight. It looks like two "C" cells should fit in their pretty well and I could reuse the board, switch, metallic "reflector" and lens. I'm thinking of replacing the rest with a nice HD 1W, a BB300, a heavy heatsink of some sort and some sort of fabricated battery carrier or contacts.

I'm wary of driving the luxeon any harder since there is no way to transfer heat out of the plastic airtight body.

Has anyone tried anything like this?

Jon

paulr

Flashaholic
Whaat? I'm sorry but I can't make any sense out of that post. If you want a sealed plastic Luxeon light powered by C cells, why not get a Tek-tite Expedition Star?

kongfuchicken

Flashlight Enthusiast
the tek-lite doesn't have that Hummer sign on it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
In the hummer spirit, why not using something less battery effcient?

StoneDog

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was bored one night and took the shakelight apart... I'm not really impressed with the light (it was a gift) and was wondering how I could improve it.

The desire has passed, but I DO like the idea of making less efficient to keep along the "hummer" line. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Maybe I could mod it to use expensive (lithium?) batteries with a big inefficient buck/boost circuit or something.

Jon