Looking for Photon Freedoms...

matt_j

Enlightened
I need three in Turq, Orange and White... Any ideas who has them? Everyone seems to be sold out. On that note are there any users out there who compared Freedom and Photon III side by side?

Thanks,

Matt

charliek

Enlightened
Bought a Photon freedom direct from Photon-
Search the web for "Photon LRI".

I have a Photon 3 as well... the Freedom is GREAT!
I'd take it over a 3 any day of the week!

charliek

Enlightened
I posted a message entitled "Photon freedom arrived today" and No one replied....

OK.... the freedom has great dimming capabilities- Will dim to full from off, OR from Full-on to dim... Not just 3 steps like the Photon 3, but a linear "ramp"... will go WAY dim.... 3 levels of flash + A SOS mode- AND a way to override all the features to make it momentary. The only thing the 3 has that the Freedom doesn't is a "timed - off" mode.

The Freedom is heads and shoulders better than the 3. Still small and light- one button instead of two. Very, very nice.

Chaz

Newly Enlightened
I agree with charliek. I have both the Freedom and III lights, and prefer the Freedom over the III.

First, it makes a lot of sense to be able to ramp from dim to bright from the Off setting, which the Freedom does. The III goes from only bright to dim (which the Freedom can also do it that is prefered). Second, I find the single button easier to use than trying to get the right position for the front or rear button on the III.

A bonus is that the LED can be changed in the Freedom, so the color can be changed at will (don't know about the III).

Chaz

Newly Enlightened
The Freedom does have a timed-out mode called the 'point of purchase' mode. This is the mode it comes in. You can put it back into that mode by removing the batteries, and then holding down the button while replacing the batteries (so I am told - haven't tried it yet). It is of limited usefulness though since you have only about 6 seconds of light per press.

matt_j

Enlightened
Re: PocketLights.com has Photon Freedoms in Stock

Thank you. I bought them yesterday directly from photon. They had a free shipping and $6 off option so I couldn't miss that deal. But I will pick some Glo Tubes from ya in the near future.

Matt

Frenchyled

Flashaholic*
Chaz, thank for the trick , I tried it and it's ok. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif
"You can put it back into that mode by removing the batteries, and then holding down the button while replacing the batteries" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

FlIrishman

Newly Enlightened
Do any of these have a mode that will allow power up directly in a DIM mode? I'd like maybe a red one that will power up in a dim mode to be used to read notes during meetings without disturbing the rest of those present.

charliek

Enlightened
If the photon Freedom is OFF... just press and hold the switch and it powers up dim first.... if you press it with a quick click, it turns on full power, then hold the button and it dims to low.... does both directions very well.