Luxeons and photography?

eebowler

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know this is a bit of a vague question, but, have any of you ever used a Luxeon as a light source to take close up pictures of objects? I know about the Luxeon lotto and don't expect many people to answer since few of them are of the ideal white quality. I am just wondering. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif Thanks

Pellidon

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes for tabletop and macro work with my digital cameras I use them. The piddly flash on those point and shoot cameras are worthless for people pics (too weak and small) and too overbearing for close work plus the shadows. My Avatar has been illuminated with one I think. Several have so I can't remember which.

Light is daylight balance or close and with a camera on a tripod and two luxeons for lights it makes a very cool setup.

kakster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ive played around with Luxeons for closeup photography lighting. Seems to work best when they are behind one of SF's beamshapers that diffuses the light.

eebowler

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks. I forgot to mention, my camera is not digital. It is an EOS 500 (Rebel). Poor thing doesn't have the power to colour compensate. Ah well.