Inova and Arc AA in UK?

Pierce the Night

Newly Enlightened
While I'm in UK anyone suggest somewhere cheap and reliable for Inova X1 and XO, and the Arc AA, please?

In return, a coupla/three tips. There's a German grocery store in UK called 'LIDL'. (An English friend says its slogan is 'where to shop if you're a bit pikey' but I'm not sure what he means. It's low-rent; let's leave it at that.) Well, I'm informed that LIDL has three types of Osram LED flashlight. Okay, 'torch' (when in Rome . . .). Strictly speaking, one's a nifty little booklight but it takes button-cells. All three types will probably only be in stock for a week; they rotate stock regularly, and lines come and go never to be seen again.

UK's version of Radio Shack seems to be an outfit called Maplin. They were stocking a three-AA 1W Luxeon Star torch for around thirty pounds sterling. Well, it's on the website for £17.99 and looks like the kind of sceptre Zha Zha Gabor would've used as the queen of a planet inhabited only by women in a 1950s sci-fi shlockfest. Anyone asks, It Came From Outta Maplin!

And finally, the same place is doing a 3xCR123 5Watt Luxeon Star torch for fifty of your earth quids. Me, I'll wait till it goes 'on promotion': Maplin's quaint way of saying 'was overpriced'.

Enough from me: where to find cheap Inova and Arc AA in The Crowded Country, anyone? Thanks,

Pierce.

kakster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Try www.outdoorsuppliesuk.com
Ive bought plenty of lights from Joe at good prices.

He's mailorder only, if you're only here for a short visit, that might be a problem. No bricks and mortar shops(that im aware of) stock ARC. You can try Cotwolds Outdoors, a chain of camping stores, for Inovas. They arent cheap though.

Pierce the Night

Newly Enlightened
Thanks, kakster: dead right about Cotswold. Can't understand why anybody would actually buy an Inova X5, say, from them. Last time I looked they wanted £50 apiece; £20 in Maplin's website sale. (This was last summer.) Thanks for the OutdoorSupplies link; but unfortunately all I got out of it on Inova was a page of sales-guff from Emissive T's website: no actual flashli er, I mean torches. Nor does the man seem to carry the Arc AA.

Thanks anyway,
Pierce.

Pierce the Night

Newly Enlightened
Thanks, Quazar and apologies, kakster. [Symbol for blushing:] oh, ye-es, Outdoor Supplies does indeed do the Arc AA.

Thanks again.

Pierce.