AAA History? Help me identify my AAA LE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

djabaley

Newly Enlightened
Hello! I've had this AAA "Limited Edition" for a while now, and I'm trying to understand how it fits into the AAA's history. If I recall, what differentiated the LE from the normal AAAs at the time was the annodizing and something about the LED that I cannot exactly recall. Also, if memory serves, it didn't come with a pocket clip. Can anyone give me a better feeling for how the LE fits into the AAA timeline?

long.jpg

Fitz

Flashlight Enthusiast
There's some info in the Arc FAQ's pertaining to the LE at the top of the page.

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
There were at least 3-runs of the LE. The 1st run that I became familiar with, in my opinion, were the absolute best Arc-AAA lights ever. The beam quality was supurb and runtime was in the 6-7 hour range on all the LE's that I have from that run. The 2nd or 3rd run (can't remember which) had an issue where the bezel would not screw down very far into the body, exposing some of the O-Ring. Another run of the LE (could have been the very last run) were "patched-up" versions whereas the LED hole was drilled to large. It was "fixed" by exopying the whole to make it smaller.

Fitz, if you're LE came with a clip direct from ARC, it's probably from the last run. The pocketclips are still a pretty recent addition to the Arc-AAA.

djabaley

Newly Enlightened
Thanks everyone!

This puppy is definately pre-clip, so maybe I got lucky on this one.

snakebite

Flashlight Enthusiast
the ones i have are rev 3.1 iirc.
no clip,has roll crimp.
wasted a few foamies to find out as i was doing preventive maintainence with the roll crimp.
this batch of 10 are very consistant beam wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.