ARC LS (REV/2 MOD)

Jets22

Enlightened
Probably already done but didn't see it doing a quick search. I was able to snag some of the Arc LS defective complete heads Doug won. He was not misleading in his post /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif...There defective.. After pulling it all apart and finding the board not worth saving..I started from scratch..I made a new heatsink out of 6061 with a rough O.D of the Arc I.D (still slightly smaller to allow for emitter centering) I counterbored the bottom of the heatsink to allow the use of Waynes MM+ converter. I needed it to sit as flat as possible to save room.I ran new leads up through the heatsink and drilled and tapped a small screw into the top side of the heatsink for ground. This one is running a nice 3W TWOJ emitter. While I was in there coated the new heatsink with toxc green glow powder for effect.The mod uses the factory copper grounding ring and lock-down-collar. I'm running a twisty pack on this one but the Kroll switch also works.. web page web page web page Yes the photos are typical Jets22 quality...sorry guys

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh man, MM+ and a TWOJ. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

I don't think it's your photos, Brock, I think the image host is messing things up. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

I'm a late bloomer with the Arc LS, so I like to see what you do with them.

Britt

Jets22

Enlightened
NO...sadly it's the photos..
I really like this new set-up I made for the one-piece Arc bodies. I was just outide with this one and MAN, it screams.. Wish I would of bought a couple more from Doug now. Very nice conversion package.

flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I keep telling ya to send them to me to make nice pics for you. don't worry, I'll send them back in time....a long time /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif