Just received my Streamlight Nightfighter

kaper

Newly Enlightened
Man this thing is bright for such a small package. I am most impressed with the diameter of the spotlight outputted by the NF-2. Also its very compact yet has a solid feel to it. I really like the classic tactical flashlight look to it too. I was considering the Scorpion initially but did not like the rubber grip at all cause Id figured it would get damaged after extended usage. After I already ordered the NF-2 I then saw the Strion on Streamlight.com and really like the idea of a rechargeable light. Plus its the almost the same size as the NF-2 but with the output of a Stinger. So I just had a couple of questions hoping that you guys can answer for me, comparing the NF-2 and Strion.

1. How much brighter is the Strion to the naked eye? Meaning is it significant enough in your opinion to pay double the price over the NF-2?
2. Can the Strion use non rechargeable batteries?
3. Are there any types of mods for these two lights? Such as a LED mod for longer usage without sacrificing output?

Any opinions would be appreciated. Damn, I realized that Ive posted less than 5 times on here yet Im already onto my third light. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/broke.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

paulr

Flashaholic
1. Strion is supposedly slightly brighter but in general it's not worth paying for such small differences unless you're trying to push the performance envelope for its own sake (which many of us are). However, the Strion costs a lot less than the NF2 if you use it a lot, in that the rechargeable cell is equivalent to several hundred CR123's.

2. No.

3. There's a TL2 LED that's similar in appearance fo the NF2 without the grip ring. It's much less bright than the NF2 but runs a lot longer on two 123's. Generally there have not been a whole lot of mods for the TL series and NF2, but some modders are interested in the Strion because it's the first small lithium rechargeable light.