ARC LS 3W... SO17XA reflector

Jets22

Enlightened
You guys know I can't leave these things alone /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif This is a Arc LS modified to a beautiful 3W TWOJ and running a modified 667ma converter.. I received a couple of the new SO17XA reflectors and decided to modify one for use in the Arc housing.. I also modified a delrin retaining ring to keep the reflector centered in the body.. The stock Arc lens in the front is also retained. I really like the beam on this guy.. I'll include a beam shot, please ignore the blue corona..it's just the camera freaking out over the brighness..

web page web page web page

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Brock ... The Photo King ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Nice light btw !
bernhard

Jets22

Enlightened
The "Photo King".... I like it, Bernhard

Yeah,I actually like this light myself.. I built two..this one is actually heading to a new home on the west coast.. cool little mod

tylerdurden

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can you post a pic of the retaining ring? I've wanted to put a S017XA in my grey kit but it just slips right out the front. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Also, what is the "stock arc lens"? The only Arc LS I've ever seen in person is the grey kit, and it just has the optic exposed to the outside, with no glass protecting it.

tylerdurden

Flashlight Enthusiast
Boosting the rev2 board is easy. You just solder another sense resistor next to the existing one (there are already pads there waiting for it). Boosting the rev1 board is tougher - I don't think anyone has done it. There are plenty of posts about this if you search around in the Arc forum.

flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Brock, you're pictures are getting better. Keep it up. I think you can afford a better camera already. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

cgpeanut

Enlightened
Hello Jets22,

I've ordered the reflectors last week and was thinking of doing this mod. May I ask where you got the delrin retaining ring and what you did to mod it?

And by the way your pictures are way better that mine.

Thanks it advance

Jets22

Enlightened
I used a piece of Delrin that would just barely slip over the reflector diameter and also just smaller than the ID of the Arc body.. This will keep the reflector from sliding off center. Were talking thin, maybe 20-30 thousandths around the reflector.

flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just wanted to show a photo of one of Jets22's Arc LS mods with a TSP-2AA that I got from Chris Maier of flashlightlens.com. Running it with 2 Sanyo 2100mAh NiMh rechargeable batteries. This is light is bright! Ain't she a beaut?
29958179.jpg

Now I'm just hoping to get one of those delrin rings so that I can do a proper mod to replace the NX05 optic with the SX017A reflector /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

Jets22

Enlightened
I have not finished the reflector mod for that 2 piece body yet.. I've completed the first one but not happy with it quite yet to post pics.

(love the shot of my custom BTW) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif