KL1 with X200 optics?

yclo

Flashaholic*
Or just new looks?

kl1ha_full01.jpg

"...The conversion head consists of a bezel/lamp assembly fitted with a digital regulator, a one-watt LumaMax™ LED, and a custom designed light-focusing lens..."

Taken from:
http://www.surefire.com/maxexp/main/co_disp/displ/prrfnbr/827/sesent/00

Xrunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmmm... sounds very interesting. Perhaps this is a new and improved version of the KL1. I wonder what it uses for the LED (LD/HD)? And, more importantly, who is going to buy one to find out? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

-Mike

oldgrandpajack

Enlightened
It makes a lot of sense, from the perspective of a manufacturer. Cut down the number of different parts you have to make, and you save money. Also looks like the KL4, and new KL1, bezels would be cheaper to manufacture than the old KL1 bezel.

Wonder if Surefire might start using the KL5 bezel for the KL3?

I suspect the KL4, KL5 and KL7 use the same regulator.

Of course, it's obvious with the E2E, C2, 8AX and M3 bodies.

oldgradpajack

brightnorm

Flashaholic
From Surefire re KL1: "E2/E2E Output/Runtime: Max 15 lumens diminishing to moderate light for 4 hours, then moderate light diminishing to minimal for 11 hours, then 50 hours minimal output"

Doesn't seem consistant with this:

ubhkl16v.jpg

That chart shows pretty consistant output for 5 hours, certainly no "diminishing to moderate light for 4 hours". Assuming the same circuitry as the original KL1, what could account for that discrepancy?

Brightnorm

Size15's

Flashaholic
News about the new style KL1

I have some news about the new style KL1 photo shown on SureFire.com

The KL1 bezel shown above is not in production.
It is a plan for the future.

If you have ordered a KL1 expecting one like in the photo above; they have not been released - they are a plan for the future.

I realise it is very unusual for SureFire to do this (put something not released up on their site). I hope that you can treat this as a rare sneak preview of what the future may hold.

It would appear the KL1 is in the process of being revised!

I will lean on PK to see whether it will be a production item and if he can send somebody like our Craig one for review.

Al

Size15's

Flashaholic
Re: News about the new style KL1

It is my guess that SureFire do not have any more KL1's of the style we know left in stock. However, it could take some [SureFire] time for new stock (perhaps the new style shown above) to be made.

I suggest you don't hold your breath.

Al

tylerdurden

Flashlight Enthusiast

I cancelled the order. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif

Size15's

Flashaholic

I think that's for the best.

It would make sense (from my perspective) to contact a friendly CPF Supporting SureFire Dealer with regards to obtaining new SureFire products as and when the Dealer gets stock (or is able to place pre-orders).

Based on how SureFire seem to be 'launching' new products; the SureFire.com does not usually update until a while after our friendly SureFire Dealers have been able to get hold of them.

Al

brightnorm

Flashaholic

Al,

I just read this, hope it's not too late to cancel my order. As a Surefire partisan I'm usually pretty tolerant of "inconsistancies" but I find this type of benign misrepresentation pretty irritating.

Thanks for the headsup,
Brightnorm