TL and MC - Kings of the Rechargable World?

ResQTech

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like the Tigerlight and Magcharger are the reigning kings of the rechargable handheld flashlight world, especially with all these great upgrades coming up. Anything else out there worth considering??

darkgear.com

Enlightened
Strion for smaller form factor. Probably mods coming for it soon too.

SL-20x easily upgraded with a 35x LA SL-20XP/LED is rapidly becomeing very popular with law enforcement agencies.

I had a stinger HP-XT once and it was quite good by itself but probably little room for upgrades.

Probably the most common rechargeable light out there is a Q-beam type spotlight. Wal-mart has probably sold hundreds of thousands of those in the US alone.

Best regards,
Randy

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
I found the Streamlight SL-20XP LED to be a worthy light. Versatile and reasonably bright. Drop in a milled out SL-35X LA and a 3.3Ah nimh stick and you'd have what the light should have been in the first place.

Wilkey

paulr

Flashaholic
I'd say Streamlight is the king, Mag is sort of the aging pretender, TL is an up and coming pipsqueak.

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Hello ERiC,

I have been very impressed with the SureFire 10X Dominator. I should also add that the DragonHID is very impressive as well.

Tom

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Consider Pila's line of rechargeables. They are very well made, great brightness and beam, reasonable price, and come with lithium rechargeables, giving them a large edge over all the competition. And they have led tailcaps for extended runtime and candlemode.

Now, now, paulr, the MC60 is the reigning King of Throw in the easily-modded yet still recharges in it's skin category. Nothing pretend about the MC60! Streamlight is a good line, but keeps missing the bullseye... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif