Question re: Arc 4+ without clip....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there an attractive alternative to the supplied screws as fill-in for the holes on the body of an Arc 4+ when the clip is removed? I prefer the Arc 4+ clipless and was wondering if anyone has found screws that could be flush-mounted to the body.

Jarndyce

Newly Enlightened
There was a thread about this a couple of months ago, I'll try searching for it in a minute. I think there was also a group buy at some point as well.
Anyway I beleive people were using #4-40 x 3/16" or 5/8" set screws to fill the holes flush with the body. You should be able to find these at a hobby store.

Eric

simbad

Enlightened
If you don't like how the screws look like just make the glow powder mix and fill the holes up, they look nice in the dark.See at the reviews forum to find the Glow Powder.

Jarndyce

Newly Enlightened
Alright,

Here is what I found:

this one, Screws for Arc4, shows that the lengths I gave you were incorrect. Looks like 1/8" or 3/16". Oops.

This one, Arc4 set screws, has a source as well as more discussion.

And this thread, Arc4 hex screws, is the info for the group buy, plus more discussion.

Hope this helps,

Eric

nekomane

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi arewethereyetdad (..did I get it right /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif)
I have been interested in the same thing and have these threads that may be useful.
Buttonhead Screws...
or
Hex screws..

Can't get the photos to show up but I think this is what you want. Though the sale is over, you can find info on the size or where to get 'em.

I had to special order them where I live because they are the 'inch' standard (opposed to the metric size you get here), and also had to file off a bit because they were too long.

nekomane

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jarndyce, you beat me to it. And.. with more useful info /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

nekomane

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
simbad said:
If you don't like how the screws look like just make the glow powder mix and fill the holes up, they look nice in the dark.See at the reviews forum to find the Glow Powder.

[/ QUOTE ]
Popping in some tritium vials may be another good option.

Nekomane, yes, you did get it right. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/clap.gif Thanks to you, Jarndyce and Simbad, for this very interesting research. I'm relieved to see I'm not the only one looking for a screw. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif Will check the local hardware or hobby store to see what I can find. Thanks alot!

Flashlightboy

Enlightened
I just bought some titanium buttonhead screws from Lunsford Racing. Luv 'em!

$5.50 (with S&H) for a 4 pack.

Flashlightboy, I'd like to see a photo of the titanium buttonheads from Lunsford Racing. I assume these would be used WITH the clip. I bought a bunch of 4-40 3/8 black hex steel screws at my local hardware (10 cents apiece) and they work great for plugs when not using the clip. I only wish I could figure out some solution to fill the hex hole! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif Still want the ability to remove these and put the clip on at some later date. Anyway, if you've got a photo of the Lunsford screws that'd be great!

indenial

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Jarndyce said:
There was a thread about this a couple of months ago, I'll try searching for it in a minute. I think there was also a group buy at some point as well.
Anyway I beleive people were using #4-40 x 3/16" or 5/8" set screws to fill the holes flush with the body. You should be able to find these at a hobby store.

Eric

[/ QUOTE ]

If anyone can find a "button" version of these screws in the San Francisco Bay Area please let me know. I could not find them ANYWHERE near where I live. Thanks

Flashlightboy

Enlightened
RWTYD,

I don't have a digital camera or digital phone so I can't take pics for you but the link that indenial posted is exactly what I purchased.

I thought about posting directly to the link but all of the Lunsford screw photos lookalike so I don't want to mislead anyone.

The ones in the link are "coarser" than what you'll get. The actual ones you buy are machined perfectly and the button heads aren't so big that that the screws look out of place. Well worth the $5.00 so much so that I wish PG would include them in the light.

GJW

Flashlight Enthusiast
I ordered some when you first gave us the info.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

I'll post pics when they arrive (if nobody beats me to it).

GJW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, the titanium cap screws arrived.
I was hoping for a more exotic look but they are identical to the stainless steel that I already had from the above group buys.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Not worth taking a pic.

Status
Not open for further replies.