got a green laser and have a few questions

TurtleDude

Newly Enlightened
well i now know why people always say they eat batteries for breakfast so i bough a nimh battery charger and a bunch of 2000 mah (no idea what that means /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif) batterys however i heard some people saying somwhere if you pop off the button there is a little skrew or somthing to raise the Mw or somthing to that effect... the one i have is a GLP 105, thanks for any help in advanced! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

TurtleDude

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
hungryforlasers said:
What are your questions? I don't see any question marks. A question is not a question without a question mark.

[/ QUOTE ]

hmm, good point /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif
well my question is basicly about the little skrew thing, i heard that under the button there is a little skrew or somthing to adjust the output, to be more clear, is there anything like this or any way to do somthing with the same effect on the laser i have? the one i have is this kind :
green laser

hungryforlasers

Enlightened
Yes there is somthing like this. When you turn the screw clockwise it increases the current to the diode, but it will drain batteries faster, the diode will have a shorter life and you can't have it on for very long. Altho the newer Green Laser Pointers have limiting resistors that limit the the mW to 5 mW. Another way that has nothing to do with the current is modifying the optics. Modifying the optics will increase the mW too, and does not drain batteries faster and the diode life stays intacted. But it is MUCH more comlicated to modify the optics and is very easy to bust your GLP. So if your GLP is not a new one, you should be able to modify it by popping off the cap and turning the screw clockwise. You can tell if it is a newer model if it has a leadlight on it, the leadlight indicates whether the GLP is on or off (safty reason of coarse).