Spiderman 2...Your opinion?

nikon

Flashlight Enthusiast
Has anyone seen Spiderman 2 yet? I've been following people's reactions on the Yahoo message board and reading reviews. It's supposed to be the best picture of the year. What do you think?

neo_xeno

Newly Enlightened
i thought it was excellent. the special effects were amazing and it really felt like u were flying through the air with spiderman. molina who played doc oc was a good cast, he plays an excellent villian. the movie just isn't about action either, it actually has a story and u feel for peter parker as he struggles with the choices he has to make. there were still some corny lines in it but overall i thought the dialog was pretty good.

MacGyver

Newly Enlightened
I liked it.
My g/f was upset the way it ended (left off...?) didn't match the storyline from the comic /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

naromtap

Enlightened
Not released here in the U.K yet but I beleive it premieres on the 15th of July so will be on general release a few days after that. Your no-one till you have one of these !!!

paulr

Flashaholic
Most of the big-name reviewers have given it good marks; regular folks who have watched it say that it's pretty good for a sequel. That's not the greatest recommendation in the world but I guess you can't go too far wrong. Me, I'll wait for the video.

Larry1582

Enlightened
Me and the wifey thought it was slow at times and not as good as the first Spiderman was.

daloosh

Flashaholic*,
We just got back and we both liked it even better than the first installment. Instead of all flash bang, it had a real story and character development. That's all we can ask for these days from Hollywood. Excitement, drama and flash bang all wrapped up in one.

You do have to suspend your comic book preconceptions, tho.

daloosh

was_jlh

Enlightened
Saw it this afternoon, agree that it is better than the first. If you liked the first one, you'll really like this one.

kongfuchicken

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just saw it today and it wasn't bad!
Entertaining although, just like the first movie, I feel the special effects could have been better... but heck, I'd say that for pretty much every movie with special effects I've ever seen.
The story wasn't bad at all for a super-hero movie. Cinema sure has evolved since the last time I drove a friend to one.

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
I loved it! Top marks. It's by far my favorite super-hero movie I've ever seen. I loved the ending, too, although I've never ever read the comic books, so at no time was I making any story line comparisons. Good stuff.

Sorry for the lack of substance in this opinion, but I don't have the time or energy to go into details and give reasons and speak about why the movie is good. So there it is. I liked it.

DLG

Newly Enlightened
Took my 11 yr old daughter on opening day. We both loved it. I could very well be the best of this genre.

As we were leaving the theatre and the crew was coming in to clean up, one of them said: "see ya tomorrow". Nice comment and my daughter has been back twice.

FC.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great movie.

1. Closing shot was very cheesy. Looked like a shot from a video game.

2. FDNY uses MP Ben2+ helmets, in the movie they used Cairns 1010s. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/whoopin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif