Peak High power lights????

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Coach,
I have a Peak high power 5 red LED AA brass light that works well. Comparing it to my Arc AAA single red LED is not really fair but...
The light output of the Peak VS Arc is no comparison, with 5 times the LEDs the Peak kills the Arc. The Peak AA is also HUGE compared to the Arc so the output would make sense. The Arc does give a broad flood with the Peak providing a piercing hotspot with throw.
Do you want a comparison of the Peak high power 3LED AAA VS Arc AAA? I am sure that is coming down the review pike pretty soon. My question is a Peak planning on a Luxeon AAA or AA? Now that would be interesting!

Fitz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a 3 LED AAA white high power black HAIII on order. I'm planning on using the head on a Jets22 N cell Black TiN body as a keychain light to take over duties now held by an Arc AAA. I'll post a few pics next week when both arrive.

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
BentHeadTX said:
I have a Peak high power 5 red LED AA brass light that works well. Comparing it to my Arc AAA single red LED is not really fair but...

[/ QUOTE ]

BentHeadTX,

NO IT IS NOT A FAIR COMPARISON!

It is a 5 LED RED vs a 1 LED white.

If you have a 1 LED WHITE ARC vs a 1 LED WHITE PEAK, that would be a good comparison.

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Budd,
As I said, it is not a fair comparison but I don't have a lot of red lights laying around. The Arc AAA red has a large flood VS the hotspot of the Peak, they are in completely different classes of light as far as I am concerned.
I don't have any single LED Peaks (why would I? Have four Arcs already) Since Arc does not make the red single LED lights anymore, maybe a comparison between the Infinity red and Peak would be more accurate.
The Arcs run around 45mA to the LED, the Peak high power runs 30mA to the LED. I would assume the Arc AAA to be brighter than the single LED Peak AAA. If a Peak peaks your interest, get the multiLED versions...they are bright for their size. I know they are working on Luxeons next so I will compare it (when available) to my MicroIlluminator (155mA to R3J Luxeon driven by AAA battery)
It will be nice to have a single cell Luxeon that is waterproof.

mitchfried

Newly Enlightened
Received my brass 7 white LED high power McKinley today. Size wise it's fine for pocket carry, and as a brighter replacement for my Arc AAA it's just what I was looking for.

The head is a little too easy to turn, so you should give it an extra half turn to the off position before pocketing just to be sure. The lighter aluminum version would probably make more sense for EDC.

Think of it as a mini Inova X-5. Nice!!