Am I being Cruel?

lambda

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know if I should share this or not, with the group, but........

There is a guy at work that saw me and someone else looking over the Brinkman Long Life a few weeks ago. He was quite interested in the light, and even though nobody really likes this guy, I told him he could get one at Walmart.

A few days later, he shows up with the Brinkman Rebel (same as long life, but in more of a clasic flashlight design). We compared lights, and he was thrilled that his Rebel was ever so slightly brighter than my long life, so thrilled he got kinda stuck up about it.

So, I told him there must be something wrong with his Rebel, beacuse the one I've got is much brighter... I went home that night and replaced the led in my Rebel with a Luxeon, and replaced the batteries with 3N cells and a metal spacer.

The next day, I showed him 'my' Rebel.........He's returned two Rebels so far, and still isn't happy with the one he got, because it's no where near as bright as mine.

Am I being cruel?????

Terrapin Flyer

Newly Enlightened
LOL
grin.gif
- I'd say it depends on how long you drag this out! In the land of the practical joke, I believe you've scored a direct hit. My only thoughts is you might want to let him off the hook by returning your Rebel to stock form and finally letting him have the brighter of the two, rather than letting him in on the secret (which you can always do later). Perhaps after his 6th trip back to Wal-Mart....
grin.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

grin.gif
diabolical!
be careful, a few experiences like that could send some people like us here over the edge...
grin.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

You are an evil genius!But I would let him in on the secret just so he quits opening up the lights and bringing them back to the store.

lambda

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok, so everybody thinks he's had about enough? Seems to be the overall feeling here.

I'll let him in on the gag........Then I'm going to show him the 'new and improved 3D MagLite' I bought at a mall in Chicago, Il (about 180 miles from here)..............

flashfan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Better watch your back after you tell him...from what you've written, he doesn't seem to be the type that would have a sense of humor...?

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I also vote it's time to let the rat out of the bag. The local wall-mart is probably getting tired of the same guy bringing back perfectly functional flashlights that will likely end up being destroyed once they get sent back to Brinkmann as "customer returns".
frown.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I like the story. I say you introduce him to the forum and give him somthing to work on so he will leave you alone. This way we all can share in the fun.
smile.gif

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
This was a good one
grin.gif
Great trick...sounds like one I`d like to pull myself...the only thing more cruel I can think of would be to give him a Mini-Trek with low batts and no batt changing instructions (it`s a light from hell). But everyone is right...not fair to Wolly World or him to keep it up any longer.

If he has a computer have him check us out...but delete this thread first so there are no hard feelings.