ARC AAA

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtwace

Enlightened
Can the ARC AAA be turn into candle light mode ? I prefer maglite's AAA because of the candle light function, lights the whole house up if there is a blackout.

B@rt

Flashaholic
Hi gtwace,
welcome.gif
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

A short answer: No. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

The head is a one piece part, and can't be disassembled. (Well, it can be, but it is unlikely to function afterwards... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif )
An option would be to use a diffuser, like a clear film can. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Hope this helps,

4x4Dragon

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
gtwace said:
Can the ARC AAA be turn into candle light mode ? I prefer maglite's AAA because of the candle light function, lights the whole house up if there is a blackout.

[/ QUOTE ]

you must be easily impressed when it comes to lighting /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

a solitaire to light up the whole house?!!?

i use one of my arc aaa's(turquoise) with a diffuser as my primary tent light and it works great, white does nicely too. the diffuser came from a white garrity Funtastik light stick($2~ @ WalMart). i simply cut the diffuser stick off and it fits the arc AAA like it was made for it.

i have some beamshots on my webshots account(address should be in my profile) i can also do addition pics of one in "candle mode" in my living room...........

coachbigdog

Enlightened
Actually he said lights up the whole HOUSE!That's one bright solitaire /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

4x4Dragon

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
coachbigdog said:
Actually he said lights up the whole HOUSE!That's one bright solitaire /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

oops! thanks, i will correct.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

gtwace

Enlightened
I am new to this. But I use to EDC the solitaire. It has the "spook" factor - lights the place yellow but you won't see ANYTHING clearly, makes the place spookier than when it is dark.

Is the ARC AAA the best (shortest and most efficient?)AAA light I can get ?

4x4Dragon

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
gtwace said:
I am new to this. But I use to EDC the solitaire. It has the "spook" factor - lights the place yellow but you won't see ANYTHING clearly, makes the place spookier than when it is dark.

Is the ARC AAA the best (shortest and most efficient?)AAA light I can get ?

[/ QUOTE ]

i would have to say yes, but there is also the "new kid on the block" ......... Peak Led solutions(this is not a plug for them, don't have any of their lights)

cy

Flashaholic
Welcome to cpf and hold on to your wallet.

Arc AAA was the original 1x AAA LED light and still the best. If you had to pick one got to have light for a newbie, arc AAA would be it.

Pricewise at newbie stage most would still consider $25 to be high, but doable. As you progress into this sickness ha ha, you realize it's a real bargain.

Most any arc AAA's posted in B/S/T are quickly snapped up at close to original selling price.

No matter what most of cpfs ends up carrying as a primary, most will carry arc AAA as a backup.

gtwace

Enlightened
Yes, it seems the ARC AAA strike a fine balance between runtime and brightness. Does anyone have a comparison between ARC AAA and the peakled's AAA (latest 54cp) brightness ?

vj

Newly Enlightened
And I'd be interested in a comparison of the beam colors. I have an Arc AAA-P with a nice white beam. The beam photos of PeakLED lights that I have seen seem very bluish to me.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
JonSidneyB said:
The ARC AAA in my opinion is the best AAA out there at any price.

[/ QUOTE ]

yupyup /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Sakugenken

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
vj said:
I have an Arc AAA-P with a nice white beam. The beam photos of PeakLED lights that I have seen seem very bluish to me.

[/ QUOTE ]
With any of these I think you are playing the LED lottery. Though my AAA-P is bright (and I love it) it is very purple.

Status
Not open for further replies.