looking for ULTRA VIOLET LED (UV LED) please help

D

**DONOTDELETE**

hi,
i am looking for this ultra violet LED 5MM Round.
it is to be used like a keychain light which shall be made by me, i need to get this led.
i have a requirment of 30000 pieces .
if any one can help me as to give me the adresses of the manufactures of these led s.
i need them to be in the range of around $.20 or $.30 per LED.
just as a incentive ... if i get the information i am looking for i shall send the person some keychains that i make once they shall be ready.
thanx a lot

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to CPF! Wow, that is a lot of LEDs you need. I would suggest getting in touch with the folks at Wilycon- http://www.led-center.com

According to Craig Johnson`s excellent web sit at http://ledmuseum.honme.att.net , Wilycon part # WUV503-C395-C is a 5mm diameter (T1-3/4) 395nm deep violet LED, bordering on UV and will cause florescence in most UV responsive materials. It costs US$0.65 each for more than 50,000 pieces, which is about as cheap as you`ll find a UV LED at present- they are a fairly new technology. Nichia`s part which has a shorter wavelength, costs significantly more.
For more info on UV LEDs see Craig`s violet LED page at http://ledmuseum.home.att.net/ledvio.htm

Hope this helps you out.

grin.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by telephony:
I just now (within the last ten minutes) added a new UV LED here too.
smile.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey I love your web site, very informative. I went looking for the near 10000K luxeon star you refer to, but the only ones I could find are the 5500K's, which is good enough.

If there is a different LS near the 10000K range I would be interested, any further information would be greatly appreciated.

ElektroLumens

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by viren:
hi,
i am looking for this ultra violet LED 5MM Round.
it is to be used like a keychain light which shall be made by me, i need to get this led.
i have a requirment of 30000 pieces .
if any one can help me as to give me the adresses of the manufactures of these led s.
i need them to be in the range of around $.20 or $.30 per LED.
just as a incentive ... if i get the information i am looking for i shall send the person some keychains that i make once they shall be ready.
thanx a lot
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Here is a link to Roithner Lasertechnik, a company in Austria. I have purchased infra red LED's from them in the past. You will have to go to their price list, and you will find ultraviolet LEDs there in the 370nm to 405nm range. Prices seem fair.

Roithner Lasertechnik

Wayne www.elektrolumens.com

machspass

Newly Enlightened
I'll agree with that. The LED Museum is a great web page. I have enjoyed the reviews and info. I just ordered a few of the UV/violet LEDs from Ken Ma at the LED Center for $2.95 each. I'm looking forward to receiving them!
grin.gif

machspass

Newly Enlightened
Well, I just received the UV LEDs from Ken Ma at the LED Center. They are awesome!
grin.gif
I've been awaiting the development of UV/violet LEDs for a long time. They're particularly special to me since my favorite color is purple!
grin.gif
grin.gif

Also, I sure get a different and interesting perspective on things looking at the world through UV light. Wow, the things you see! I have a lot of European money, and all of the paper money has UV fibers woven into it.
Hey Craig, you mentioned on your website when you reviewed these LEDs that you had to send them back. Do you have any still? If not, would you like a couple to play around with that you can keep? Please let me know.

-Jason