Cheap Dial up provider

kaseri

Enlightened
Just wondering if any of you know of a cheap dial up provider. I basically want to have cheap dial up service for when I go to VT to visit . Just something that I can use for checking webmail and the CPF.

Thanks in advance!

kaseri

Enlightened
I have an 802.11g compatible wireless card but sitting in the comfort of a warm house and not having to leave is easier. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
kaseri said:
I have an 802.11g compatible wireless card but sitting in the comfort of a warm house and not having to leave is easier. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Gotcha. Check out PeoplePC and see if they have a local dialup in your destination city.

BobVA

Enlightened
A buddy of mine uses:

http://www.maglobe.com/

No monthly charge, just by-the-minute. Looks good for occasional travel use.

I'm was thinking of trying them for travel, since I ditched DSL and lost the "free" dial up that came with with it, but I finally got a bluetooth capable phone for Verizon and I'm using that for "on the road" data access from my PC or PDA.

Cheers,
Bob

paulr

Flashaholic
There are some prepaid services you can get, that may end up cheaper than paying a monthly fee, if you're only going to use them once in a while. Try your local Walgreens for the kits, in the same part of the store where the prepaid phone cards are.

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Juno might be your best bet. You can use it for free with their advertisement banner adds and pop-ups and some limit on use (maybe 100 hours a month or so, I don't remember the exact number). I've used this as back-up for awhile. It's nice because it's free. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif