best cheap way to move around a 10x10 room 250 miles?

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i have 2 gas scooters back home and some other random stuff bet i could fit them in a small uhaul truck but i only have a motorcycle license . id take a grey hound and ride themback but man going thru atl ga is so sucky omg it is hell

Are you stating that your driver's license is only valid for operating a motorcycle? I didn't know that was an option - being issued one only valid for motorcycles. Here is The Great State of Washington you're first issued a DL for motor vehicles, then you can apply and be tested for a rider for motorcycles.

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are you stating that your driver's license is only valid for operating a motorcycle? I didn't know that was an option - being issued one only valid for motorcycles. Here is The Great State of Washington you're first issued a DL for motor vehicles, then you can apply and be tested for a rider for motorcycles.
CA DMV has same requirements..

M@elstrom

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not here... motorcycle is simply an endorsement on an existing driver's license after the appropriate training and testing is completed but a driver's license is not a requirement for a motorcycle license.

Last edited:

LEDphile

Enlightened
To the original question, easiest option for moving a small amount of stuff without a car/van/truck is probably something like the Uhaul U-Box or the PODS shipping containers

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I hired two college kids to move me back to a city I used to live in. To move to the city where the college kids lived I paid UHaul $475 for a truck I loaded and unloaded myself and then another $100 to fill the giant gasoline tank back up.

I paid the college kids $650 and they did all the work. They rented the truck and bore all of the expenses.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
ty everyone id just get a car licsnse but as a human im flawed i suck at test i get over whelmed and have no idea what they want me to do even thou i have around 500000 miles on motorcycles the test was so very hard . luckly the testter was so kind and took her time explaining to me what she needed me to do. i passed but it was so stressful. its crazy no joke id bet i have more miles on motorcylces in a month then most riders have there whole life. i can also drive cars very well i just suck at test.

Poppy

Flashaholic
To the original question, easiest option for moving a small amount of stuff without a car/van/truck is probably something like the Uhaul U-Box or the PODS shipping containers
Following up on LEDphile's suggestion:

1688983467076.png

Depending upon the size of the trailer, you can rent one for 24 hours for $20- $40, and add $10 for insurance. Hire a local with a pick up truck to pick up a Uhaul trailer, locally, pull it up to Gainesville, help you load it, and drag it back in a day. You might get away with $200-$250 for the driver, $50 for the trailer, and IDK $150 for fuel.

Note: it is usually cheaper to pull the trailer round trip, than a one way rental.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
u guys rock im so glad i asked. i need my scoots somethings i may of just thrown away or gave away and rebuy here my cloths are mostly walmart but i do want to keep my walmart jeans im a small dude its hard to find jeans with a 28 inch inseem

bykfixer

Flashaholic
My neighbor's girlfriend used a PODS to mover her entire apartment full of stuff. I'd forgotten about that. She had 30 days to unload it too (or rather he did, she just told him where to put it).