Inova X5HA Questions

vinosaur

Newly Enlightened
Please forgive me, I know this is probably posted somewhere, but the search engine brought up a lot of posts that seemed irrelevant. What I am wanting to know is:

A review of the Inova X5HA?
What is the light output of this light in lumens?
What is the run-time?
Is the life regulated to maintain constant output?
What are overall impressions?
Thanks in advance.

kongfuchicken

Flashlight Enthusiast
output? I'm guessing ~15~lm,
runtime? 20hours unregulated with arround 3 to 4 hours of pretty constant brightness,
overall impression? a tough light that's good for all arround use but can't reach very far outside.

Lotta people use this one to suck their used 123s dry.
You can find more on the led museum.

wholeflaffer

Enlightened
The X5T-HA should have pretty much the same specs as the Inova X5-T, which is the update to the original X5. The major changes between the original (X5) model and the X5-T are:

1) X5-T has tailcap twisty, whereas X5 (original) has bezel twisty
2) X5-T has milled "flats" long its length, whereas x5 (original) has milled "scoops" or rounded depressions along its length
3) I'm told the X5-T has approximately 15% more brightness than the original X5

The X5T-HA is a version of the X5-T which was apparently made to satisfy a government procurement, and has the following features:

1) sterile (no brand markings)
2) hard anodized (HA3) in natural color
3) non-reflective finish throughout, including the recessed bulb "sockets"

The X5T-HA can still be gotten from www.countycomm.com, and the X5T is available from CountyComm and numerous other sources. I have the X5T-HA, and it's a beautiful, silky-textured classic work of functional art. I heartily recommend it, and even though it isn't as bright as many other lights, it's as handy or handier for most nighttime jobs (i.e., real work in the dark) than any other light I know!

OK, everybody...add to or destroy my posting as needed . /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/poke2.gif

StuU

Enlightened
A must have light. Functional, good-looking, and cool. One of my most used lights.

Also check out the UK e4AA for a useful light in the same light output category.

daloosh

Flashaholic*,
Hey vinosaur, welcome to CPF and why dontcha stay awhile!

In my limited experience, the X5T-HA is not as bright as the X5T in titanium. Some have attributed that to the HA coated shroud where the LEDs are set, while in the Ti one, the silvery body helps reflect more light out. It may be, but in the samples I've seen the color of the beam seems whiter or bluer on the Ti and greener on the HA. Of course, the HA body is greener too, who knows.

Still, it's a useful light with great flood, and I use it, as kongfuchicken suggests, to suck old 123s dry. (Until I get a Milky Candle one day!)

welcome again!
daloosh

idleprocess

Flashaholic
The LEDs on my X5T-HA have a definite blue tint to them.

Threading action on the tailcap is a bit rough - although I've never handled a standard X5 for comparison. The light has the feel of being a one-off run by Inova (why they did "sterile" is beyond me - it's an easily-identified consumer product).

I've found the light handy for relatively close-up lighting and close-up inspection work. The output isn't enough to overcome many mixed-lighting situations, so its utility is limited in the suburbs with their abundance of sodium streetlights.

IMHO, the X5 is one of the best built hand-held floodlights every created. Tough, good looking, durable, and a great price. You can't go wrong. Before you buy, though, you need to check out the X0. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

stockae92

Enlightened
my X5T HA has a blue tint as well

i use it for close up work and to run down almost dead CR123A

and it looks so cool /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Echo63

Flashlight Enthusiast
i dont have an X5 HA - just a regular X5t
i use it to run down the 123s out of my other lights
and it had a lovely white tint till i ran it for about 4 hrs straight - now its kinda gone a bit blueish - i stil use it almost everyday for wandering round the house at night