Dive Flik Lite 80 Lumens?

Stainless

Flashlight Enthusiast
PocketBeam:

The torche is probably about as bulletproof a design as is possible.

The 80 lumen output claim is probably an example of the "Lumen Lottery" (remember, you heard it here first).

1. The manufacturer of the light engine states a theoretical MAXIMUM light output.
2. The manufacturer of the actual flashlight decides to drive the light engine at a rating which produces less light than the theoritical maximum.
3. The marketing department puts into print whatever output they feel like printing.

(My understanding is that getting an accurate measurment of lumen output is expensive.)

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, agree with Stainless, 80 lumen is most likely bunk. After losses from optics/lens, even a hotrod high flux Lux III probably can't push past 60 lumens. The "theoretical" output that the manufacturer is telling you something that is totally worthless, as the "theoretical" is unachievable in practice. I tend to not buy from light makers that play this BS game, that's why I only own Arc's and Surefires.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
The "flicking" motion required for activation & deactivation might be difficult to accomplish while submerged too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

X33

Enlightened
There are two other flik lites reviewed on torchreviews.net. I have seen the blue dive light in a shop once. It has a sort of matte looking rubber coating. Not really my cup of tea these fliks.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
A woman's kegal excersizor makes women stronger in that area between the legs.
For a woman, it's kind of like pushups for your {slang term for cat}. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif