What Current Flashlights use the Luxeon Star LED Besides ARC LS

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's funny, I wanted to ask this question, but did a search first, on the LED forum only, to see if this had already been asked, but to my suprise, it wasn't!

I know that the ARC LS uses a Luxeon Star, but it really doesn't matter currently, as ARC is not producing them yet. That's is just FINE WITH ME, I will always wait for a product to be throughly tested and fine tuned before purchasing one! Take your time Peter and do it right!

So, are there any other lights that are currently available that use the Luxeon Star? Or are there only bulbs (Like the LEDCorp Professional 3 Bulb?)

Anyone?

Mr Ted Bear

Flashlight Enthusiast
Almost.... if your are willing to do the phone work, and swap tons of emails.... and do a lot of driving (they don't like talking on the phone sometimes) there is 1 other company I know of that will be releasing LS lights by mid summer, and two other that are hopefull for the 4th quarter 2002.
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

lambda

Flashlight Enthusiast
BuddTX,

You'll have to buy an Arc, modify your own, or beg someone to make you a mod if you want a Luxeon right now.

Maybe in year or so, but the industry is waiting for lower cost and brighter output. Things are getting real close though, and waiting too long can also cost market share, so someone may jump in sooner.

WaltH

Enlightened
Buddtx,
I understand your apprehension about purchasing an ARC-LS. But let me tell you I have one of the first ones and it's beautiful. Once Peter ramps up production again I will be purchasing more as gifts. It's really a nice piece of hardware.

lightlover

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mr Ted Bear:
Almost.... ...
there is 1 other company I know of that will be releasing LS lights by mid summer, and two other that are hopefull for the 4th quarter 2002.
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ted, what's the mystery ??
shocked.gif

I wanna know now !!
rolleyes.gif

lightlover
smile.gif

Mr Ted Bear

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jahn,

Were I to start naming names, I would lose my credability with these maufactures.... as is, I may already may have said too much.

I want to keep my word with them. They have all agreed to allow me to beta their units

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
TB,
While you're beta testing, how about posting some beam pictures compared to a light we're all farmilar with. No need to mention the mfgt of the light you're testing. What better to test???? TX

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
So I guess that there is no CURRENTLY available flashlights with the Luxeon Star available?