What color LED's

miner

Newly Enlightened
What color LED\'s

Since I will be making my flashlight to easily plug in different LED's and do a lot of deer hunting, I was thinking of changing them so I could see blood at night while tracking a hit deer. Is there a color that would make blood glow? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Niko

Newly Enlightened
Re: What color LED\'s

Hey miner, Royal Blue Luxeons or a blue LEDs are said to show blood quite well.

miner

Newly Enlightened

I had that idea, thanks. I did not have any to try. Cut myself cleaning gutters and trimming trees over the roof, so I saved the paper bloody towel. None of the other colors worked. I will have to get some blue ones. I also wondered about ultra violet.

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast

as far as I remember blue (hunting) lights are said to show blood as black, and everything else in blue.
Should help to see it, but blood will never glow
(u watched Predator recently?) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

miner

Newly Enlightened

Watching CSI shows them using a light or a spray. The light has a blue beam. Of course it is only TV.

zapper

Enlightened

I think the spray is actually called luminal or lumisal, not quite sure which. At the hunter extravaganza here in Houston they have some spray that claims to do the same. I'll try and find out and report back later. Yes, as far as I've heard Blue or Royal Blue should make the blood look pretty black once dry but if it's a lung shot, frothy and fresh, it will look a little different.