streamlight jr incadecant light

snapper

Newly Enlightened
I picked up a 2 aa sl jr today, the one with the regular bulb. Are these pretty good lights? Whats the general opinion of them??

LAter guys! snapper

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Some years ago I got four of them to place around the house because they were only $7 each at the time. The Kroll switch seemed like an improvement over the MiniM^g. At that price they are OK and if you put some Scotch Satin tape over the lens, the beam will be improved.

The lamps blacken rather quickly and I'm not aware of better ones for the Jr. Buy several packs of lamps when they go on sale. Brightness is similar to a MM with a HO lamp. The SL Jr. lamps draw about 400mA.

capnal

Enlightened
I have two of them. I think they are OK for around the house tasks. Bulbs went dim on me fairly quickly (darken). I think they are fine for small tasks but I would not choose the SL Jr. Incan for my "had to have one light" choice. Another observation was that they seemed to drain cells fairly quickly. This could be as a result of the blackened bulbs, but I really only get "good" results when using absolutely brand new batteries. Even a little drain on them will noticeably reduce the brightness. Just my 2 cents worth. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Grog

Enlightened
I bought one marked down at a walmart in about 97 and it's the only SL i've ever had a problem with. The switch just didn't work 100%. I gave it to my boss /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Since the luxeon jr is out I see no reason to have the incan version.