Charley's gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EmissionLine

Newly Enlightened
Charley\'s gone.

I'm posting this by Arc light. :)

Hurricane Charley (eye) passed about a mile west of me about an hour ago. Power's out. A single AA in candle mode provides enough light to keep me from tripping on stuff. I just went outside to see how bad the damage is. Not very, fortunately.

My LSH-P with the 2xAA extension is awesome! I'm using NiMH rechargeables for "guilt free" light. It's bright enough to light up the roof and the far corners of the yard. It easily lights up the tops of the nearby trees, and the houses across the street. It's brighter than the yellowish incandescents the neighbors are walking around with. It's small enough to fit in my pocket. It leaps over tall buildings in a single... oh, wait... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Gotta go... laptop's beeping. Thanks Arc!

Forge

Newly Enlightened
Re: Charley\'s gone.

I live in Orlando Florida and from 9:00-10:00 was fun. Lots some shingles and much of the material covering the soffits is gone. Also uprooted a big tree in my front lawn.

During a hurricane, you want a flashlight you can *depend* on. I had my Arc 4+ in my front pocket the whole time.

daloosh

Flashaholic*,

My uncle is south of Orlando, lost trees and pieces of his roof. My parents are in Daytona, not far from Jets22, and they got flooding, but no other damage. They lost power three times, but were prepared with candles and lights. My mom said she used the light I gave her for her purse for the first time last nite.

Charley just landed in South Carolina. Prayers to those who have lost loved ones or property down in the southeast.

daloosh

TrevorNasko

Flashlight Enthusiast
Atlanta, GA>> The Flashlight that was broken shall

Glad to hear you are safe Emission. The AA is one of my favs for set and forget. can't remember the last time i changed batts in it. Hope you did not suffer too much damage. Be careful in cleanup not to cut yourself or something like that.

raggie33

*the raggedier*

my dad n step mom have a place right on daytona beach.but its a rental they dont live there .they just go there in slow season when they dont have it rented. i hope it didnt get damage.real mom live in boca i think i forget

ChocolateLab33

Flashlight Enthusiast

My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone that was affected by Hurricane Charley. My Mom lives in Sarasota and 30 miles before it reached her it veered east. I thank God for that. I sent the Red Cross a donation and I hope more people will do the same.

HandMeLite

Newly Enlightened

I also live in Orlando - East side. We got hit pretty hard but got very lucky. None of the trees that came done hit the house, very close brushes, but none actually did damage. Did lose a bunch of shingles. It is a pain to be without power for a couple days, but it was a good reason to use LED flashlights. I found my LSHP was my main light I always carried because of the AA tube. Using rechargable NIMH batteries that last a long time, I never ran out of batteries or even came close. I did use my ARC4 for multiple levels and when I wanted lower level light. The ARC4 with a AA tube would have been even better.

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.