1W LED Flashlight, how much do they go for?

Hi, I was wondering about how much the 1 W Flashlights retail for? How much would you pay for them? Is there a good market out there for it? Will the price come down soon b/c of technological advancements? Also, I have seen the LEXEON (i think) ones they retail for 60$, is this common pricing? B/C I have a supplier in China who can make them for 18$/pc, this person also has invented something where you can put an image in the flashlight, then it can be projected in the LED light.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
You can find 1W Luxeon flashlights for around $30 if you look hard enough.
Two that come immediately to mind are the CMG/Gerber Reactor and the Streamlight Jr. Luxeon flashlights.

As for LED flashlights that can project an image, I believe LED-Lenser Optoelectronics produces one. It is for an advertising campaign, and projects an image of the Bacardi bat device when shone at a wall or ceiling.

elgarak

Flashlight Enthusiast
There's also the UK 4AA eLed, for $20 plus s/h at Brightguy.com. It's a 1W luxeon, but underdriven to minimize heat problems (plastic body, no good heatsink), but you gain battery runtime (~10-14 hrs).

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sometimes I think when we talk prices, we should try to talk prices with s/h as the difference is significant with some suppliers, i.e. a $10 light becomes an $18 light after s/h for some. Isn't the Brightguy s/h like $7? I think those $5 CTD led lights had $6 s/h added to them.

rdshores

Enlightened
When I ordered those $5 lights from CTD, it was $6 shipping for one. Shipping was $7.99 if I ordered three lights, so my total for three including shipping was $22.99. I use one of them all the time. Wouldn't have a heart attack if I lost one either.