SF E1e Luxeon options? L1 Head?

4x4Dragon

Flashlight Enthusiast
search function won't help me much with my main question about the L1 head on an E1e.

i guess my options are KL1 head, PR-T, modified stock head, OR the L1 head. I really like the PR-T and L1 head but then again any of the above with a reflector would be dandy to me? which is gonna be the most "cost sensitive"/better choice? i prefer just the moderate 400ma or slightly less.

akula88

Enlightened
Cost aside, PR-T with Badboy (BB) circuit would be the best. The reflector is the defacto throw king for its size.

L1 (when modded) would have to use so17xa reflector in place of the optic. I think this is the more expensive option, since custom e-can will have have to be built. But the "cute" factor and smallest form makes this very likeable.

If you can find and confirm a new KL1 with HD-LS, then it would be the most cost effective. Cost would be around $49 + shipping. KL1 runs around 330-350ma, so its around your requirement.

akula88

Enlightened
E1E-L1.jpg

...more options for your E1e can be seen here ->Smallest E-series configuation

tylerdurden

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, you can remove the dumb battery contact assembly from the L1 head and put a badboy in with an ecan, but you are correct, you need a custom ecan, with the top and bottom shaved down quite a bit.