micra. very yelow spot with purple ring ????

tequilathursday

Newly Enlightened
Hi everyone. I've been brousing this site for the past couple months and really enjoy the info. It's awesome to know that so many others have this same fetish (as my girlfriend calls it)... How many have heard this one...There's a website about flashlights? Oh God ! .lol
Anyway the reason for this post and finally registering is this. After many searches and reviews I decided to pick up a longbow micra (though Arc and Surefire are high on my list, my funds are not, not yet anyway)...Anyway I'm very dissapointed in my micra and hoping for some advice.
It is well crafted and it certainly comes in a nice box, but it has the ugliest yellow spot. I don't mean a little tint, I'm talking about a spot the color of a 20yr old schoolbus that was never washed or waxed. And to add insult to injury it has a bright purple ring around this puke yellow. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif I was so excited when I opened the mail, I ran into a dark bedroom to check it out, and i could of sworn the dog pee'd on the bed sheet. It ruined my day... Anyone else??? I know led's have various tints and untill now I thought my streamlight tl-2 was ugly green, but Wow! This takes the cake. Is this normal? should I return it? I wanted to use it for work, but with these colors I'd be better off with a 2AA mag with a scratched up lens...
THanks for reading. I tend to ramble.
p.s. I love this site !!!

ErickThakrar

Enlightened
I had a similar issue although not quite so bad as yours. I contacted Longbow here in the US and was told to just send the module to the US adress and they would replace it.
I haven't gotten around to doing it yet, but I will shortly.

AK

Newly Enlightened
Agree with others that your light is defective and you should get it exchanged. My LB Micra has a gorgeous (white) tint.

springnr

Enlightened
Sounds like my FireFlyII and it is supposed to be a LuxIII.

Sorta special I gues cause you can't order bright yellow LuxIIIs /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

illmatic

Newly Enlightened
My Micra also has a brilliant white tint. You should definately get that light exchanged.

ICUDoc

Enlightened
Hi tt
Sorry to hear about your Micra- my one from Bugoutgear is the whitest of white- I don't know if Longbow warrants their light in terms of colour, though.

Good luck

Lumen

Newly Enlightened
I agree on returning the capsule for a new one. My LB Micra is super-white and I love everything about it. My EDC!

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have one Longbow Micra with dog urine green beam. The other two have nice white beams. Seems that Longbow is not as good as careful with tints as Arc is (I've never had an Arc with bad tint). However, all my Longbows have nicer fit/finish than my Arc LSHs so I guess it evens out.

tequilathursday

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Guys! I'm cetainly going to try to exchange it now. I'm feeling jelious hearing how bright and white it's supposed to be and looking forward to a good one. After all that's the main reason led's are so appealing to me in the first place... Thank's again for the replys.
Hi SJACKAL. Yes, a white wall, actually every wall that crossed my path. In fact it consumed most of my day.lol But everyone I asked agreed about the color or colors and the un natural hot spot. Almost like the optic is acting like a prism giving the bright purple ring around the "dog pee"...

Any way thanks for all the replys. At the very least I know that the people at work think I'm wierd.

chrisse242

Enlightened
Jep, try to get a new capsule. And while havin it open already, drop a so17xa reflector and a ucl lense in. Those two really improve the quality of the beam a lot. You might loose some throw but gain a very usefull even sidespill.

Chrisse

TORCH_BOY

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought the LB micra about 8 weeks ago, mine
also had the cat urine green with the off center hot spot,
I only had it for one day, I sent it back, for repair,
It came back still it was not perfect, I then sent the
led module to Lb USA, still waiting for it to be replaced.
I like the build of the light, but I think that 8 weeks without a flashlight is a bit rough considering that I only
had it for one day, the cost of sending it back twice, (overseas postage) almost equals the cost of the light itself. As much as I like LB products I don't ever want to go through this process again. This maybe the last LB purchase that I will ever make, even though I have a few other LB lights which have been perfect. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

mapson

Enlightened
Sadly, this is one reason companies lose current customers AND potential customers PLUS they never realize it. Time and time again I've seen companies forget one of the main rules...get it right the first time.

[ QUOTE ]
TORCH_BOY said:
I like the build of the light, but I think that 8 weeks without a flashlight is a bit rough considering that I only
had it for one day, the cost of sending it back twice, (overseas postage) almost equals the cost of the light itself. As much as I like LB products I don't ever want to go through this process again. This maybe the last LB purchase that I will ever make, even though I have a few other LB lights which have been perfect. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
mapson said:
Sadly, this is one reason companies lose current customers AND potential customers PLUS they never realize it. Time and time again I've seen companies forget one of the main rules...get it right the first time.

[ QUOTE ]
TORCH_BOY said:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

True, but even the best companies screw up. For example, every single Surefire L1 I own has a TERRIBLE LED tint, and mediocre beam quality. Plus, my KL3s are not that far behind in poor tint. So, even the best companies are willing to put out flawed products the first time out.

batterystation

Enlightened
I kinda got used to my purple KL3 here. We test EVERY Pelican M6 LED that goes through here just because early on we did have a few failures. Pelican has to my knowledge never had a tint issue with their LEDs. I am not sure why, but they all seem to be very white.

Fat

Newly Enlightened
On the opposite side, i unexpectedly got a 3w pure white capsule in the micra.Brighter and whiter than an arc4+,its a nice pleasant surprise.

PrimiToad

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
...my longbow micra has a **** green center.....

[/ QUOTE ]
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

IMTRBO

Newly Enlightened
My Micra also has a yellow center, but the beam without the optic is pure white! Is that the case for those of u with bad tinted micras as well? does that mean that the tint is caused by the optic? If so, could i fix the problem by swappin in another optic??