Questions for and a plea to Lambda

Mr. Blue

Enlightened
Questions: 1) when you resume production of the Illuminator for us commoners, will you fill orders in the order of emails already received? 2)will color options (of the body) be available? 3) which battery configuration gives the longest brightest run time?

PLEA: Resume production! Hopefully with all due haste ...you have a hot ticket here.

Bushman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know that Lambda is busy building illuminators every day but also has full time job and kids. I can assure you that he is working as hard a possible to get every one that wants one to put one in thier hand.
As far as colors, I have no idea I know he has made a green and a black.

As far as battery combination. on the regulated illuminator, the more expensive duracell ultras and energizer e2 give about 30% more run time with near constant brightness thru out... If i were you, i would not worry about what battery you are using but would just keep AA handy. I personally think that the el cheapo dry cells (i.e. not alkalines) can deliver current better with the trade off being a slight decrease in run time for a more constant brightness. These drycells are soooo cheap to me it doesen't really matter unless you are using it in a constant on function for hours at a time.

I hope that i have helped you Geoff, and pardon me lambda if I have stepped on your toes in trying to address some of these questions, i feel that you would rather be building lights rather than fielding questions.
grin.gif

I know that he has gotten over 200
shocked.gif
emails asking for illuminators!!

Mr. Blue

Enlightened
thanks Mike...will the waiting list be based on timing of present emails? any scoop on design mods for the next batch? I NEED LIGHT!
(and a sedative)

Bushman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know of no changes planned to the already great current design. As far as timing I think that he will go on first come first served basis.