please describe the difference to the eye of 105 lumens vs. 60

PeLu

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Geoff in Philly:
ie the E2 vs. a C3 for instance<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you don't have it side by side you can only tell the difference if you are very experienced (ceteris paribus).

Mr. Blue

Enlightened
but, wont the reach be noticeably different? should I not be thinking about a C3?

bkral

Newly Enlightened
I could never really see much difference in brightness between the P60, Scorpion, and the P90, although as Al mentioned, the P90 beam covers more area (larger filament + same reflector = broader beam). The P91 is somewhat brighter, and covers a LOT more area, but I am not a big fan of the high-current (P61/P91/N62) lamps. After melting a lens with a P91 I converted the light to a 9PT and was extremely satisfied. I now believe that the turbos are the best option for the 9 volt lights - at least as I use them.

-BCK

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I can see a huge difference in the beam between a P60 and P90 bulb. I've used both in searching building and the P90 puts out a bigger brighter beam then the P60. The P60 vs. P61 isn't quite as drastic as that of the P60 vs. P90. The P61 gives a better beam at distances then the P60. As far as beam sizes go from smallest to biggest it goes P60, P61 and then P90. The P90 is in my opinion probably the best SureFire beam for CQB. There maybe brighter beams from SF, but not that I'd really want to use in CQB situation, unless we're talking about a 10X which is just AWESOME, to be able to go from a normal 60 lumen worklight to blinding 500 lumens with a little more pressure on the tailcap is brilliant. Just my humble opinions of course.

Size15's

Flashaholic
the reach is increased, but not as much as the increase in illuminated area. Also, the higher output beams are often brighter (whiter)

There is a big difference between the P60 & P61.

Whether I could tell the difference between a P61 & P90 is something I'll be testing soon!

Al

PeLu

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Geoff in Philly:
but, wont the reach be noticeably different? should I not be thinking about a C3?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The 'reach' increases with the output's square root. Four times the light, two times the reach.

PeLu

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kogatana:
From a slightly diffrent perspective, one must also consider "...all things being what they are" vice necessarily (or exclusively) "...all things being equal" (ceteris paribus).<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Excuse me for not thinking (and using unusual expressions). 'ceteris paribus' is used to state (in technical and scientific life here) that everything else is unchanged. I wanted to say that you have to compare two lights with the same beam size and light colour lighting up the same object in the same state of the person looking at it (these last point has usually the largest tolerances of all).

PeLu

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Emeraldwolf:
As far as beam sizes go from smallest to biggest it goes P60, P61 and then P90<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It is very difficult to compare lights with different beam angles.
And the 'correct' beam angle depends only from your needs and your personal preference.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PeLu:
It is very difficult to compare lights with different beam angles.
And the 'correct' beam angle depends only from your needs and your personal preference.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My mistake, I was referring to the hot spots, and as I did say, just my opinion but I have used these lights extensively in different environments and different distances.

PeLu

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Emeraldwolf:
I was referring to the hot spots, and as I did say, just my opinion but I have used these lights extensively in different environments and different distances.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yes, thanks. Your experience is probably of higher value than many numbers...