COLORWASH/ RANDOMCOLOR KEYCHAIN LEDS AT TARGET $5

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Aragorn:
and its smaller than a golf pencil!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

...and what's the difference in size between a "golf" pencil and a regular one, for those of use who've never been to a golf course?

LEDagent

Flashlight Enthusiast
gold pencils are about 2-3 inches long and with no eraser. They are sometimes handed out when you take surveys, SATs, and other tests that require a pencil when you don't have one. A regular pencil is about 7 inches long.

TrevorNasko

Flashlight Enthusiast
Atlanta, GA>> The Flashlight that was broken shall
rephrase: a wee bit thicker but no longer than a birthday candle
oh yeah - thanks again craig- today a the P.O. i was short some money and was worried i would not be able to send all the stuff out and have to delay delivery a few days- then i rechecked the wallet and guess what i saw hiding in an ad! opened it up and there was a $20 primed for spending- your a life saver! thanks!

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LEDagent:
gold pencils are about 2-3 inches long and with no eraser. They are sometimes handed out when you take surveys, SATs, and other tests that require a pencil when you don't have one. A regular pencil is about 7 inches long.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I get it, thanks. Sounds like the same little "stubbies" they have lying around in places where you buy lottery tickets.

What kind of battery(ies) does this thing use? Single RGB LED or three discrete ones?

yclo

Flashaholic*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LEDagent:
gold pencils are about 2-3 inches long...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmm...

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
They're in the back with the flashlights. Near extention cords. They're cute, but I'll save the $7 to put toward a real flashlight. It does change to all the colors of the rainbow.

e=mc²

Enlightened
NJ - Land of malodorous \"earl\" refineries!
In the Targets nearest me in NJ they not only has the NeoGlo, but they also has the CK Sauce for 9.99 in a blister pack. I paid 15 for mine in one of those specialty shops at a local Mall.
Craig, the stubby colorwash keychain uses LR41's accordion to the package. I believes this is one of the sizes that you has difficulty obtaining. I not sure of they avablility, but Targets theyselves didn't stock that particilar battery. Plenty of LR44's thought, but I get mines from ebay. Much cheaper there.
Ed.

Luminocity

Newly Enlightened
Finally got a chance to swing by Target last night and they had a nice size stock of these things. I picked up 5 of them. One for myself, and the rest to give as gifts.

Pretty nifty device. Kind of high tech looking. Has a plastic 'wand' that has a pattern inside that lights up nicely.

Switch is on the end of the device and can operate in 'momentary' or 'always on' modes.

You can unscrew the plastic "wand" to reveal the LED's. Has 3 discreet micro size (and I do mean itty bitty) surface mounted LED's. In my opinion, they are very bright for their small size.

Looks kinda cool when you stare strait at the LED's!! You don't get the color mixing when you do that, instead, you see the individual LED's and they are quite intense.

Just noticed that there appears to be a clear lens over the LED's, (or is the actual packaging for a single RGB LED???) Very interesting.

Looks nice with the wand attached also.

With the batteries being so small, I suspect they will have a short life. I'll just have to see how that goes. Looks like another trip out to Ebay to get some of them at a cheap price.........

I think they are a great value at only $5.99. If you are an LED addict and there is a Target near by, I think you will want to check these out.

franken2

Newly Enlightened
i coulnd't find color changing wands at my local target, but i found the neo-glo keychain lights (the roundish ones) in white! 4.99. also the moonglo w 3 blue led rechargeable nimh powered rubber ball. an interesting addition to the light collection.
smile.gif