Battery squeezin' Infinity Tasklight.

sotto

Flashlight Enthusiast
Battery squeezin\' Infinity Tasklight.

Just a short note that I took one of the "dead" Rayovac AA alkaline batteries out of a scanner that I have and for fun popped it into my red LED Infinity Tasklight. It lit up brightly and now after more than 24 hours of constant running it's still putting out a useful amount of light. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

greenLED

Flashaholic
Re: Battery squeezin\' Infinity Tasklight.

The Infinity is known for sucking batts dry. Cool light! I'm piling up on "used" cells from everyone near me to use with it.

Blades

Flashlight Enthusiast

I was keeping the old AA's from my son's Gameboy, I have about 10 now, I told him that was plenty for now. I haven't killed the battery that it came with yet. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Blades

ChrisA

Enlightened

I use some old 1300 mAh nimh cells that I got for free from an old phone. Since the current draw of the Infinity is only around 50 mA at ~1.2 V that should work out for approximately 25 hours... I've given up using alkalines for most of my lights /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Chris

sotto

Flashlight Enthusiast

32 hours and it's still going about like it was this a.m.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic

I've found the intensity of the Infinity is just about perfect for a reading in bed light. Arcs and Dorcys are almost too bright. Also, the LED in my Infinity has less blue in it than any other single LED light I own, except the Inova X1.

paulr

Flashaholic

I haven't liked any 5mm led lights for reading in bed because the beam is too concentrated. A McLux with the McFlood reflector is just the ticket.

greenLED

Flashaholic

Interesting, I do not think the beam of the Infinity Tasklight as being concentrated. Maybe you're thinking of the Infinity Ultra? That is definitely not a reading light.

sotto

Flashlight Enthusiast

My red LEd Tasklight has a beautiful diffused beam but is very bright with a fresh battery. It has none of the ringiness that I notice particularly in my Nightcutter Chartlight, and to a substantially lesser degree in my red LED Inova X5T.

sotto

Flashlight Enthusiast

Noticeably starting to dim now at about 35 hours and becoming minimally useful for navigating around a dark house. Not bad for a "dead" AA alkaline battery.

paulr

Flashaholic

The Infinity beam pattern is about the same as the Ultra, except dimmer. I actually like the yellow version of the Infinity for reading, but a smooth flood is best of all.

Sub_Umbra

Flashlight Enthusiast

IIRC Craig said that the Infinities he tested would run 40-60 hrs. (CMG claimed 41 I think.) Does anyone know if the ones with a red LED run about the same amount of time, or longer? I have them in every color BUT red and white. What great lights.