My Nuwai Q-III isn't busted!

RonnieBarlow

Enlightened
My Nuwai Q-III isn\'t busted!

Erm... never mind. Dead battery.

When troubleshooting a problem, it helps to use FRESH batteries and not dead batteries. Sheesh.

RonnieBarlow

Enlightened
Re: My Nuwai Q-III isn\'t busted!

There was some discussion about this light not being regulated. I don't know if it is or not. But I will say this: the Battery Station battery that was probably half discharged when I put it in the Q-III provided constant, bright light with no discernable (to my naked eye) dropoff until total shutdown.

Interesting.

Krit

Enlightened

If see the Q III circuit. It's possible use simple boost circuit. My another 1x123a Nuwai is like simple boost too. I change to MM+ with luxIII. It is very bright flashlight.

suppin

Newly Enlightened

I think Krit is correct, there has been a few posts about the circuitry used by the Nuwai Q-III and it's generally believed to be a simple boost circuit. You can find the runtime plot on Craig's website .

Niteowl

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
WallaceD said:..........the Q-III provided constant, bright light with no discernable (to my naked eye) dropoff until total shutdown.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mine did the same thing. Can't comment on run-time, as I used (played with) it almost every day for three weeks before shutdown. Took the battery out and it read 2.84V on my DMM. Put it back in and it just gives a short burst of light. I had expected some run-time at a lower level from what I had read. Considering I dropped it four feet onto concrete, I'm happy it works at all.

Mark