Help! Pelican Led M6

zblades

Newly Enlightened
I just recently puchased a pelican m6 on ebay. I'm trying to figure out if it is the real deal or a knock off. The thing that concerns me is where the groove on the body says "Pelican M6 LED" is a tag and is not enbossed into the metal. Is that typical?

Thanks much.......Zblades

nobody

Newly Enlightened
Mine also has a stuck-on label, not engraved or etched...No biggie IMHO.

capnal

Enlightened
I ordered mine direct from Pelican. My LED has a label. My xenon does not. I know mine are genuine.

I would guess they only make one body style. It is much cheaper to machine one body style and use a label to identify the different models. No big deal. In fact, a pretty smart way to keep costs down so the lights stay affordable.

steve_vance

Enlightened
Pelican supplies the M6 LED with a label; yours is probably authentic. Ironically, the only Pelican M6 LEDs around that are not factory units are better than the factory units; so if you have a knockoff it would be a positive /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif the factory Pelican LED is not regulated, but there are several screw-in replacement LED modules for the M6 (McGizmo's) that are regulated and have better quality Lux than the factory one.

vtunderground

Enlightened
That's kinda strange... I've bought two brand-new M6 LED's, and neither had a label. I wonder why they'd make them two different ways?

jbfla

Newly Enlightened
...never noticed it before. My silver and black M6 LED's both have labels. The tail caps are engraved. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

JB

zblades

Newly Enlightened
Its head is fixed. Sorry about the post I'm new and put it in the wrong place the first two times................Z

Thanks much for the input I'm going to call Pelican Monday and see if I can get the skinny.