Modding a LB Micra - some newbie questions

crashlander

Newly Enlightened
OK, so now that I have this wonderful BB 500mA sandwich for the Mini-me, I´d like to mod my Micra as bright as possible. Tutorials etc. are no problem, I can use a soldering station, so now I want to make sure what exactly I have to get (from the Sandwich Shoppe) to start. I thought of making a list and hope that You experts could tell me if that´s all right. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif

1. Longbow Micra (I hope I have one lying around somewhere...)

2. McCapsule Kit

3. 5W emitter (which one ? 5W Lambertian Emitter (HD) LXHL-PW03 V** seems to be the right one)

4. BadBoy 500mA to get the most out of the CR123 into the emitter /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

5. Arctic Alumina Adhesive for glueing the emitter and filling up the completed McCapsule (is one pack enough or should I double it ?) - I´m not sure if AAA is the right stuff for both glueing the emitter and filling the McC up ?

6. Some wire and tools

7. 17mm IMS reflector - can I use this one or should I try the normal fraen optic/something completely different?

This are a lot of newbie questions. I hope somebody can help me with it, would be really cool! I´m looking forward to start my first real modding session. Could be a lot of fun!

Thanks,
Stefan /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif

crashlander

Newly Enlightened
@catman10: thanks very much, this tutorial answers a lot of my questions.
The only thing I´m not sure about is if the IMS 17mm reflector works on the McCapsule with or without its legs filed away, because the one I already have is shortened to fit the Micra now.