Old 123's

Raoul_Duke

Enlightened
Old 123\'s

(Oppologies as i'm sure this has been covered before but i cant seem to find it using the search function.)

Are there any good torches/ flashlights that can use up the remaining power in my old lithium 123's after my Surefire E2e has consumed most of the power, or are the batteries completley useless and worthless after the E2e has chewed throught them?

Idealy i'd like a keychain type light for small tasks.

I'm not expectiing much as the batteries are practically dead but i do remember reading a while back that its possible to power LED torches even when the Incandecent bulbs have lost all power.

Cheers

Raoul.

hoppyjr

Newly Enlightened
Re: Old 123\'s

Here is another option -

Surefire made a "battery pack" candle type of thing that uses one small BN01 3 lumen lamp and can fit up to 12 123 cells in it. I use these at home and put my used/old/tired 123's in and it makes a great way to light rooms in a blackout, instead of using a real candle. You power the lamp off of two 123's and will need to move the lamp/contacts to the other pairs within the "candle", but its really no biggie.

Now the bad news: I checked on the Surefire site and they aren't there any longer. I called today and was told they are of production. I did find one on e-bay and you can find it here: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=16037&item=5137298324&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

It is not my post and I have no affiliation with the seller.

Good luck,

Hoppy

slick228

Newly Enlightened

Good question! Even though there's a number of different threads that discussed this topic in the past, but I would like to take a stab at it because I didn't respond to any of them.

After I use my CR123 batteries in my SureFire incandescent lights, I throw them into my SureFire L4. After it drops out of regulation, I then run my new 4th Generation SureFire KL1 (Lux III) with the same batteries. In this set-up, I get a brighter and whiter light for a longer period of time. It is important to note that I run the KL1 bezel with two (2) cells instead of one (1) because this will enable me to use up most, or close to all of the energy in the batteries.

I hope this helps… /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

stockae92

Enlightened

i got X5T HA or 24/7 for that purpose /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif