LED Lights at Circuit City

HistoryChannel

Enlightened
Just came from Circuit City and they have a "Gadget" section with about 5 aisles of nothing but ....well...gadgets. Lots of flashlights.

They had a cigarette lighter one that you keep plugged in to charge. It had an LED light with 3 levels of brightness.

Also had some 3v 1W luxeon lights too. If your circuit city had this new gadget section...check it out...very cool.

FC.

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got a UV led pen there for less then $5. Works great and comes with set of spare coin cells...

Sixpointone

Enlightened
I was at Circuit City today to order a new TV, as mine went down for the count last night. When I was there I saw these lights too, and was wondering what type of quality they were.

HistoryChannel

Enlightened
I think they are good gifts for non-flashaholics. Not even close to Sf, ARC, etc quality.

FC, I bought 2 of the UV LED pen also! LOL, it comes with UV filled pen with a refill. I have used UV ink before to mark certain items at work, like staplers, hole punchers etc.

When someone denies they "borrowed" my stapler, I shine my UV light and my name lights up......Deer caught in headlight look comes next.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

sotto

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: their Nexxtech Waterproof Compact Flashlight:

"Custom brightness: Choose the brightness phase that's right for your needs, including a bright steady beam of light, flashing light, or a dark and steady beam."

Hey, I've been looking for a flashlight with a "dark and steady" beam now for 20+ years! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sssh.gif

Stainless

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was excited to see this one on the website. We had a thread going on it some time ago when it was spotted on the Radio Shack of Canada website. I'm not sure if we ever did determine what battery type it uses. I went to my local Circus City - but it was not in stock. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Ah: here is the thread Why is this 1 (not AA) 123 light $60?

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
A lot of these lights look like copy cats of similar brand name lights. What really caught my eye is the diver 7 LED light that looks like a direct ripoff of the Streamlight 7 LED light.

C

Cosmic Superchunk

I picked one up today at the local Circuit City in my area:

EC.NXX.6119008.jpg

Apparently, this light is the same one sold in Canadian Radio Shacks for $60.00CDN. It's a Nexxtech 1 watt Aluminum Luxeon model 6119008 priced at $34.99US. It runs on 1 CR123 cell which is supplied with the flashlight and comes with a camera-type lanyard, but no sheath.

It has a dual mode low/high beam which is nice and white, but it's beam is rather tight with some sidespill. There are no optics, just a polished refector and lens. The flashlight is rugged and very well built. Overall size and diameter is about the same as the Dorcy 1 watt 3AAA light. Not a bad light for the money, albeit a bit large for a 1 CR123 cell torch. I'll try and post some beam shots and a few pics of the light soon.

Stainless

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the update. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Should someone notify Circut City that the light DOES NOT RUN OFF A SINGLE AA CELL? or shall we suppose that misrepresenting the battery type is a contidion of being able to buy from Nexxtech?

C

Cosmic Superchunk

Actually, the package clearly states that it runs on 1 CR123 cell. Why Circuit City and RadioShack Canada adverise it as running off of 1 AA battery is beyond me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif