MY Q-III, AN UPDATE

Niteowl

Enlightened
In another thread, I had said my Q-III had stopped dead, without any dimming, after about three weeks of "moderate" use. Prior to the last lighting, there was a short delay before it fired up. Long enough for me to turn the light to look into it and get blasted.... When I tried to turn it on again, it would just flash and go out. The litho was at 2.8 volts. I was a little dissapointed to say the least, but still liked the light anyway.

That was with the original Panasonic litho it came with. Having discovered reasonably priced litho's from the Battery Station, I popped one in.

After roughly six to seven weeks of the same type of usage, the B.S. litho gave up the ghost. But not entirely...... The light dropped into "low mode", about what my UK4AA eLED puts out! My DMM showed 1.8 volts. Then maybe twenty to thirty minutes later, it's around CMG Infinity bright. Still usable to get around in the dark. My time periods are not accurate by any means, just approximations.

Needless to say, I'm pretty happy with the developement!

I put the Panasonic litho back in to check, and got the same blink of light that fades out quickly. It now reads about 2.25 volts. I put a new B.S. litho in and it was bright and white as ever.

What do you make of that? Bad battery, or do some brands behave differently?

Mark

bubbacatfish

Enlightened
I had the same experience with my first battery, I'm still only on the second, maybe third battery (this one's a SF) so I'll cross my fingers that I get lucky like you. I've got 2 more QIIIs squirelled away, so if the problems keeps up I guess I'll try the others. That said I still really love this light!

mapson

Enlightened
Interesting, my Q-III also just up and stopped on the original Panny battery with no "dim" mode, I'll have to keep an eye out on the BS cell that's now in there. Hoping to get the same scenario as you did.