NightCutter M60 Combat Light...opinions please!

PJD

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been eye-balling this light for a little while now, and am seriously considering purchasing one. I haven't seen a whole lot of discussion about the M60 here at CPF, and was wondering if anybody could "enlighten" me on their opinions of it. How is it's output compared to the SF L4? How is the tint of the emittor? How well do the interchangable optics work? Does it have the typical 5W "donut hole" when using the reflector? Any input would be GREATLY appreciated before I plunk down 150 clams for one of these! Thanx in advance!

PJD

Mark2

Enlightened
Output is about equal to an L4, maybe a little bit more. The tint of mine is very good, perfectly white. They claim that the Luxeons are hand selected for this light, so maybe there's no Luxeon lottery here, which IMHO should be the case with every light in this price range. Two things that come to my mind that are special about this light: The HA-III anodizing of the M60 is unlike any HA-III I've seen so far. The color of the body has a light cobalt-blueish tint, it looks very special. Totally different from the HA-III of Surefire or PentagonLight. The other thing is the cooling fins, they are probably the most efficient cooling fins of any of the lights this size. This is the way to go should the power levels of the LEDs go up further.

PJD

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mark2...I read in another post that somebody didn't receive a reflector with their M60. Did you receive a reflector, and if so, does it have the "donut hole" effect when used? Thanx for your reply!

Mark2

Enlightened
I received 2 optics (10° & 30°). The tighter beam has a donut hole (about the same as my Surefire L4), the flood has virtually no donut hole.

PocketLights.com

Newly Enlightened
Re: NightCutter M60 Combat Light...opinions please

The tint on my M60 Combat Light is white. I received two optics, two bezels and a lanyard with my M60 Combat Light.

mvario

Newly Enlightened
Re: NightCutter M60 Combat Light...opinions please

Ditto. I received 2 bezels and 2 optics. When I contacted them they said the reflector would ship later as they had a problem with their vendor. They didn't say anything about the 3rd bezel mentioned in the description. It's still a sweet light though.