I need a link to Mr Bulk LH operating instructions

LightChucker

Enlightened
Getting old sucks!

I really like my LH, but it turns on too easily. More than once, I have discovered that it had been turned on accidentally. So, I am trying to set it to "lock out mode". I have read and re-read the instruction sheet that came with the light, but I just don't "get it". I just can't figure out how to set the lockout mode. I think I saw a post a while back with really good instructions, but of course I can't find it now.

Can someone help me!? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

Thanks,

Chuck

raggie33

*the raggedier*
ok chcuk un screw it so battery power is disconected then with buttne preseed screw it in led will glow in low in a second it will go out then clcick it 2 times.ya are in configation mode now.it will glow bright.clcik once..wait like 3 seconds ya are in mode zero now.then with light off hold down butten for like 5 seconds.it willl blink 3 times.let go butten.its in locvk out mode.3 fast clciks will turn it back on i hope that helps chuck

LightChucker

Enlightened
raggie,

Thank you very much for your help. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif

I was able to get it to go into lockout mode, but it does not remember the lockout mode. That is, when I finish using the light (and I turn it off) the lockout mode is gone. The next time I try to turn it on, it comes on with a single click again.

To reactivate the lockout mode I have to turn it on and hold it while it steps up to full brightness. Then, I have to continue holding it until it blinks 3 times again. Finally, it is in lockout once again. Whewww! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

Anyway, thank you for your help, raggie!

Chuck

georges80

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: I need a link to Mr Bulk LH operating instruct

[ QUOTE ]
LightChucker said:
raggie,

Thank you very much for your help. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif

I was able to get it to go into lockout mode, but it does not remember the lockout mode. That is, when I finish using the light (and I turn it off) the lockout mode is gone. The next time I try to turn it on, it comes on with a single click again.

To reactivate the lockout mode I have to turn it on and hold it while it steps up to full brightness. Then, I have to continue holding it until it blinks 3 times again. Finally, it is in lockout once again. Whewww! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

Anyway, thank you for your help, raggie!

Chuck

[/ QUOTE ]

Lockout mode is only active for 1 session. i.e. if you want to lockout each time, then you have to follow the procedure to lock it out each time.

george.

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Yes Chuck, lockout mode is a one-shot deal, the thinking being that you'd only need it when storing the light somewhere for a while, after which you would resume using it normally.

If the button is too sensitive I can easily adjust that (well, easy for Me to do anyway with my tools and stuff) and it would involve a trip back to sunny Hawaii...and the turnaround would be one day - actually more like one hour (actually much less even) not counting the return trip to you. I'll cover postage both ways of course. Let me know at mrbulk "at" gmail "dot" com...

Hey Raggie, thanks dude. Sounds like you got a really good handle on the interface workings.

prescottrecorder

Newly Enlightened
My Lionheart seems to me to have the perfect amount of button sensitivity. No tendency to turn on by accident but not too hard to use normally. Is there a lot a variability from light to light? How do you adjust such a thing, Mr. Bulk?

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast

I agree with Chuck. Getting old does suck. And I wonder if I can keep up with this new-fangled light when it comes. The comments in this thread seem like they might be helpful, but I really have no idea if they are. My LHs haven't arrived yet. But when they do, what then? If there is a link to operating instructions, I would like to know. Else, I'll just muddle through somehow.

Wow, that is pitiful sounding. But you get the idea. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Paul

raggie33

*the raggedier*

the lionheart is very simple.. just practice a bit if ya dont understand right away.i bet in a few bit ya will have it down .

MR Bulk

Flashaholic

PaulW, click on the top right picture link at my website, the directions are there:

http://darkgear.com/mrbulk/

prescottrecorder, ideally the light was designed to be consistent from one to the next; however, slight variations in the thickness of the rubber button cap material, the way the silicone circuit board base is trimmed/detached from its "tree" connecting it to the other boards (which affects at exactly what depth the board mounts below the button hole), and even the minute and usually negligible variances in the plunger-depth action of the tiny switch itself, can all conspire to make the switch feel oversensitive.

To adjust, I would disassemble the light and check the operational relationship between all three affective factors and "adjust" as necessary. Suffice to say this may sometimes even involve actual removal of materiel and thus if your switch is "just right" (as most all of them should be) it will likely remain so for good - unless of course you try to - adjust it... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast

Charlie,

Thanks for the link. The "Directions" are exactly what I needed. And I was astonished to see your website. It's been about a year since I last looked. You certainly have been busy. I can't figure out how you have the time to devote to so much flashlight fun. You must be giving up something that the rest of us don't have the courage to let go of. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Paul

MR Bulk

Flashaholic

Hey Paul, I just happen to LOVE this "hobby"!

LightChucker

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
MR Bulk said:
Yes Chuck, lockout mode is a one-shot deal, the thinking being that you'd only need it when storing the light somewhere for a while, after which you would resume using it normally.

[/ QUOTE ]

My problem is that it accidentally turns on as I put it away in its sheath or my pocket, or as I pick it up to use it. If I don't handle it carefully, it turns on accidentally. The button pressure seems fine otherwise.

I was hoping the lockout feature would solve the problem. I will just have to get used to it with time.

Thanks,

Chuck

Haesslich

Flashlight Enthusiast

Chuck, one suggestion: tried taping an O-ring around the button proper, so that it takes deliberate effort to push it in? This way, you get a raised rim around the button, which will prevent the pocket or the sheath from accidentally turning it on... but at the same time, it doesn't make the thing THAT much more difficult to press, if you pick the right-sized O-ring.

It'll be ugly, but it'll be functional. If you pick a clear silicone one which isn't too thick, it won't even be that noticable, depending on how you secure it. Would this be a possible solution, outside of getting a rigid sheath that's not likely to trigger it?

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
Chuck, you're gonna need one of Ron Ryder's leather holsters for the LionHeart. The button is protected so that it won't get pressed accidentally.

Yours is on me. I just need to know what color you want, black leather or brown leather?

It'll be about 2 months or so before yours will be ready. If you will PM me your shipping info I'll take care of it from there.

Britt

LightChucker

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
BC0311 said:
Chuck, you're gonna need one of Ron Ryder's leather holsters for the LionHeart. The button is protected so that it won't get pressed accidentally.

Yours is on me. I just need to know what color you want, black leather or brown leather?

It'll be about 2 months or so before yours will be ready. If you will PM me your shipping info I'll take care of it from there.

Britt

[/ QUOTE ]

Britt, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wow.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wow.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wow.gif

That is such a kind and considerate thing you are offering to do for me. "Thank you" just isn't enough to say. I am just sitting here shaking my head. That would be so fantastic! I am so excited about this. I am going to call my wife right now and tell her about this!

I sent the info via PM.

Again, Thank You! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thanks.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thanks.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thanks.gif

Chuck

Darell

Flashaholic
Man, Brit - what a great gesture. You rock.

And to the subject at hand - I never even thought about a "permanent" lockout. If enabled, that would mean three button presses would be required to turn it on every time. That would likely take care of Chuck's problem.... but then we'd also need a way to get OUT of that mode. Could be done. Veeeery interesting. This is the kind of stuff that I love thinking about, for some unknown reason. Charlie is right, that the lockout was meant for occasional use before tossing it in a backpack or what have you - wasn't intended for normal, daily use. I guess maybe I would have thought of it if I were older. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/str.gif

raggie33

*the raggedier*
[ QUOTE ]
LightChucker said:
[ QUOTE ]
BC0311 said:

Britt

[/ QUOTE ]

Britt, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wow.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wow.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wow.gif

That is such a kind and considerate thing you are offering to do for me. "Thank you" just isn't enough to say. I am just sitting here shaking my head. That would be so fantastic! I am so excited about this. I am going to call my wife right now and tell her about this!

I sent the info via PM.

Again, Thank You! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thanks.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thanks.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thanks.gif

Chuck

[/ QUOTE ]britt is a a1 guy he is one of the people who make cpf so great. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

LightChucker

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
raggie33 said:
[ QUOTE ]
LightChucker said:
[ QUOTE ]
BC0311 said:

Britt

[/ QUOTE ]

I sent the info via PM.

Chuck

[/ QUOTE ]britt is a a1 guy he is one of the people who make cpf so great. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

It's just such an unusually kind thing to do that I just fell back into my chair just starring at the screen, shaking my head. Then, I tried to come up with something to say that was worthy of such generosity. I managed to put some words together in a PM to Britt, but I still haven't been able to come up with the right words yet.

What I can do is "pass it on" - that is, I can help other people whenever I have the opportunity.

Thank you so much, Britt!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Your friend,
Chuck

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Chuck, it sounds as if the button pressure is WAY too sensitive! If so, you really should send it back to me for a quick servicing. As I might have already said, turnaround would be within the day received. Really.