E2C adapter

nirad

Enlightened
Are there any LED heads (SF or others) that will work with the E2C adapter? I was wondering if the head would allow a connection with the batteries through the adapter? Any input?

jbev

Newly Enlightened
Any head that would work on the C series body would be compatible. I've had my KL3 on my L4 body. It worked although it looked really strange. The only thing you would have to keep in mind is the voltage. The KL3 would be way underdriven on an E1 body.

But in short, yes it will work.

Flashdark

Enlightened
nirad,

I have had the KL3 & KL5 heads on the E1e & E2e & L4.
I have only had the KL5 head on the L1 & L2 (with interesting results). Other than this, I cannot say. The E1e/KL5 or, the L1 or L2 with the KL5 are the only combos that make sense from a size/purpose standpoint. It is the old story - "just because you can, doesn't mean you should". Unless an E1e/KL5 or L1/L2 KL5 size or versatility is sought, why would you?? It IS fun to play however, and I definitely wanted the conversion capability, so I regard the McE2C adapter as a necessary accessory.

Hope this helps.

bajaiman

Enlightened
You can use E2C to fit any bezel for C, P and M series on E series bodies. I'm now waiting for my KL5 bezel to arrive and I've got E2C, L4 body and Mc2ES 22ohm tailcap ready, with these setup I can have 2 stage brightness KL5 setup /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif.
I can also fit my KT turbo bezel on E1E body with LuxeonIII/BB converter drop in module, this thing throws like theres no tomorrow /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif