Why no long running lamps for SF M6?

Flashlight Enthusiast
Currently, we have a choice of 500 lumens @ 20 minutes or 250 lumens at 60 minutes IIRC.

Why no lower power lamps that run much longer? Like a 125 lumens lamp running 2.5+ hours? Or a 65 lumen lamp running 4+ hours? I think these would be very useful, and allow folks to use a Surefire in non-tactical operations (where runtime is more of a concern).

Minjin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Its a tactical light. Thats like asking Ferrari to make a 2 Liter replacement engine for times when you want better gas mileage. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Mark

jbev

Newly Enlightened
I wonder if any 9V bulb would work... like the N2. Granted the springs may not be the perfect length, that should be okay for "casual" use. The only catch might be that the beam would not be in perfect focus.

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Hoghead said:
You could use a KL6. I think a KL2 would work too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you sure KL6 works? I can find nothing on the Surefire website about it being compatible.

Assuming it does work, what is the runtime of the KL6 on an M6? That would be an impressive combination....

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
jbev said:
I wonder if any 9V bulb would work... like the N2. Granted the springs may not be the perfect length, that should be okay for "casual" use. The only catch might be that the beam would not be in perfect focus.

[/ QUOTE ]

No they will blow they are not designed to work with two sets of batteries in parallel.

slick228

Newly Enlightened
Yes, the KL6 can be hosted by an M3, M4, and M6. It will have the same brightness with different runtime. If 357 or any of you are interested in a new KL6 bezel, I have one for sale here:

LINK

jbev,

I also thought of running the N2 Lamp Assembly on an M6, but I was told by our fellow forumites that it would not work. Please see the following link:

LINK

jbev

Newly Enlightened
Yeah, I was thinking about that on the drive home and realized that the equivalent internal resistance of the battery "array" would be half... too much current. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

I should know better than that. But I bet it would make a neat flash bulb, granted a very expensive one.