recommend keychain light

popsgee

Newly Enlightened
Looking for bright lightweight keychain light, hopefully cheaper and smaller than Arc AAA.

MJWood

Newly Enlightened
I think the $1.00 LED Keychain lights at County Comm are about the best value out there as far as Keychain lights. Thinking of ordering myself a few for the Christmas Season as stocking stuffers.

I believe the address is www.countycomm.com

_mike_

Flashlight Enthusiast
CountyComm has two types of 20 keychain lights for $20.00. One has a slide switch and is very well regarded, though not exactly a tank. The other model is a push button light which is very durable. For the money, you would not go wrong with either of these.

Then you could of course bump up in price and durability by picking up a Photon II or III.

Those are all fairly small keychain lights which put out very usable light when you need to find a keyhole or see where your walking.

Peak LED Solution has some small'ish type lights. Their AAA prototype is popular, it's about the same size an Arc AAA.

Gerber/CMG has the AAA Sonic and AA Ultra Infinity. The sonic, ever so larger than the Arc AAA and the Ultra Infinity being significantly larger than the Arc AAA.

Dorcy 1AAA is slightly larger than the Arc AAA but is only about $6. They have an AA, but it is also larger than the Arc AAA.

I agree, I like the $1.00 slide switch lights from CountyComm and have given away nearly 80 of the darn things. I took an informal survey of the people I gave them to, the slide switch was the winner hands down. Nobody wanted the push button lights even after I offered them a choice.

popsgee

Newly Enlightened
Thanks MJWood and Mike, Went to the countycomm website, those slide swith lights look just right, I could keep one and give the other 19 away for christmas.

MikeLip

Flashlight Enthusiast
Those keychain lights are tempting - I could see myself giving them away to just about everyone I meet, I think. Anyway, my current favorite keychain is the Streamlight Keymate. Really well made, very powerful - I was surprised at how bright the thing is. $10 on the 'Bay, plus $3 to ship.

I've broken several Photons - I know it's just me, but man, that makes me nuts. I also tried their X light, and the only one I bought failed after a week. I'll go with the $1 jobs from Countycomm, I think, if I want another teensy light.

_mike_

Flashlight Enthusiast
You bet popsgee,

Don't get me wrong. I mean, there are way more durable lights around than those $1.00 lights. But for the money, you can afford to have them stashed all over the darn place ..... purses, glove boxes, first aid kits, tool box, night stand drawer, etc, etc, etc. Oh yeah, and your keychain too.

You lose one, not a heart breaker. Someone needs a light to get to their car in the dark, give them one and let them keep it. I'm tellin' ya, people really do like them. Especially in the winter when you can't see where your car key or house key goes.

Get at least 40, trust me. Family, friends, UPS guy, bank tellers all the folks throughout the year who help me get at least one, generally two.