Inova X1 and the Infinity Ultra G ?

dannyduke

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys,
Can anyone compare these two and tell me which one is brighter and/or throws light farther than the other. Thanks

thesurefire

Flashlight Enthusiast
X1 should throw father, It has a very tight beam with no sidespill, the Ultra G on the other had runs forever, is built like a tank and has a arc AAA like beam, a small hotspot and lots of spill. the X1 is also much larger.

HesNot

Enlightened
They are pretty different lights despite both being AA powered 5mm led based. The X1 will throw farther and as mentioned has a very tight spot with zero sidespill. It is surprisingly bright and the optics make the 5mm led for some reason appear much whiter than most. It is pretty long due to the optics but slim and very well made. The Ultra G has no optics consequently it has less throw with a small hotspot and very usable sidespill. It is also built well and will run a long time. If I were only going to have one of them I'd probably go for the UltraG - the lack of sidespill makes the X1 useful in fewer situations - although it does have its uses. The Ultra G is a better all around task light in my opinion.

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, other than specs on paper, they are pretty dissimilar. Some folks say the Inova has good throw, but I never noticed it. I mean, it has a tad more throw than the Ultra, but I think because the beam is so well defined, it seems to have quite a bit more throw. But the zero (or at least very, very minimal) spill of the X1 makes its use pretty limited.

I think for a general small, economical EDC, the Ultra makes more sense for most tasks. The X1 is a very cool light, don't get me wrong. But for walking around the house (or a building) at night, the Ultra is definately a better option for most folks.

But as usual, the official answer is, 'Get both!' /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif